• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    I recently purchased a new Springfield XDM 5.25 and I didnt know if anyone else has used this weapon and if they could give me a little feedback on what they think. I haven't used it in a competition yet so any little advise is useful.

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    just picked it up friday and shot it yesterday. awesome, it has a 6 pound trigger and the front sight is a little wide, but after some thought i think i might leave it stock. i forced me to concentrate on the fundamentals. coming from shooting a 1911 i found that you cant "cheat the fundamentals" like a light 1911 trigger. you have to be concious of trigger control at all times. just my observation

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    just picked it up friday and shot it yesterday. awesome, it has a 6 pound trigger and the front sight is a little wide, but after some thought i think i might leave it stock. i forced me to concentrate on the fundamentals. coming from shooting a 1911 i found that you cant "cheat the fundamentals" like a light 1911 trigger. you have to be concious of trigger control at all times. just my observation

6lb trigger? That's very surprising to me

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

It felt lighter than 6lbs for some reason. Did you take a gauge to it?
    Maybe it felt lighter because I'm so beastly strong. :laugh:

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    i measured it a couple times and it averaged just over 6, but your right about it feeling lighter. it probably felt lighter due to your gorilla like strength:):

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    i measured it a couple times and it averaged just over 6, but your right about it feeling lighter. it probably felt lighter due to your gorilla like strength:):

Which gauge did you use? I've been meaning to pick one up. My usually finely tuned finger gauge apparently needs some calibration!

sandman76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    yes the trigger is about 6 lb. if you have a prp trigger kit put in it you will really love it more

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I recently purchased a new Springfield XDM 5.25 and I didnt know if anyone else has used this weapon and if they could give me a little feedback on what they think. I haven't used it in a competition yet so any little advise is useful.

So when are we gonna break this thing in at my house??

Top Bottom