• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    I recently purchased a new Springfield XDM 5.25 and I didnt know if anyone else has used this weapon and if they could give me a little feedback on what they think. I haven't used it in a competition yet so any little advise is useful.

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    just picked it up friday and shot it yesterday. awesome, it has a 6 pound trigger and the front sight is a little wide, but after some thought i think i might leave it stock. i forced me to concentrate on the fundamentals. coming from shooting a 1911 i found that you cant "cheat the fundamentals" like a light 1911 trigger. you have to be concious of trigger control at all times. just my observation

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    just picked it up friday and shot it yesterday. awesome, it has a 6 pound trigger and the front sight is a little wide, but after some thought i think i might leave it stock. i forced me to concentrate on the fundamentals. coming from shooting a 1911 i found that you cant "cheat the fundamentals" like a light 1911 trigger. you have to be concious of trigger control at all times. just my observation

6lb trigger? That's very surprising to me

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

It felt lighter than 6lbs for some reason. Did you take a gauge to it?
    Maybe it felt lighter because I'm so beastly strong. :laugh:

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    i measured it a couple times and it averaged just over 6, but your right about it feeling lighter. it probably felt lighter due to your gorilla like strength:):

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    i measured it a couple times and it averaged just over 6, but your right about it feeling lighter. it probably felt lighter due to your gorilla like strength:):

Which gauge did you use? I've been meaning to pick one up. My usually finely tuned finger gauge apparently needs some calibration!

sandman76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    yes the trigger is about 6 lb. if you have a prp trigger kit put in it you will really love it more

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I recently purchased a new Springfield XDM 5.25 and I didnt know if anyone else has used this weapon and if they could give me a little feedback on what they think. I haven't used it in a competition yet so any little advise is useful.

So when are we gonna break this thing in at my house??

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom