• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Hey Gang -

Long time lurker, first time poster. My son and I recently went through NRA pistol safety training, have our NRA membership and a shiny pink LTCH permit.

My purpose, for now, is to get comfortable with the pistol and to begin participating in the shooting competitions.

So my question to the community is which would you personally prefer, and why, between the Springfield XDm and Taurus 24/7 G2?

I personally selected these two lines mainly for their reputation and family of models (I am making an assumption that if I go CC the "feel" will be similar).

What are your thoughts... and thanks.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to :ingo:
    I dont have any experience with the Taurus but I do have a XDm 9 that I really enjoy. I have the 4.5 model which IMO is a bit to big for me to CC because of my size but can OC without a problem. You also might look into the Smith&Wesson MP series, they are also very nice with a great customer service to stand behind.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My sub compact XD 9 is just as accurate at my full size XD 45 and I love them both... Don't have experience with the other but know of those that would choose XD or Glock over about anything else for a carry gun.

Personally the cost of the M is not worth it to me......... they also take their own mags... can't use regular XD mags.

BryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Also forgot to add I am a southpaw which is why the Taurus G2 caught my attention.

Top Bottom