• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    They promised 30 days. When I called in, they said they don't have a fix yet.

Should I urge people to contact the BBB, or based on the range of serial numbers contact a class action lawyer? You know you want a check for $15 for Springfield wasting your time!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    They have both of mine also, been bout 3 weeks. Going to start carrying my Colt 1911, if they keep them much longer they might of lost a loyal customer.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Latest recall news. Hopefully, next Friday's update will be that they are starting to send guns back to people!

XD-S™ Voluntary Safety Recall FAQ
    Updated Oct. 4, 2013
    This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below

Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

Thank you for the positive response to our voluntary safety recall and to our most recent update. We exercised extreme caution by issuing this recall and we did so because safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. We truly appreciate the enormous support, patience and loyalty of our customers and we remain committed to resolving this matter quickly and ensuring that you are pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

As we noted in last Friday's update, our testing of potential upgrade solutions has continued and we are pleased to tell you that we have made significant progress over the last seven days. We have now identified what we believe is our final upgrade solution and throughout this coming week we will be continuing with our thorough and exhaustive testing of that solution. It's because of our commitment to your safety that we are conducting such extensive testing and we are working as fast as we can so that we can return your upgraded pistol to you.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We expect to have more definitive information to share with you by Friday, October 11.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    While I'm not happy about it, it defies common sense for anyone to keep (and continue to use) a gun that has safety issues which are severe enough to warrant a recall.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Wonder how bad the markets gonna be flooded once these things start coming back!!?? The latest was
    "Our solution delivers the advantages of a smoother and more consistent trigger feel with just a slightly increased trigger pull."

I kinda dont wanna send mine in after reading this

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Wonder how bad the markets gonna be flooded once these things start coming back!!?? The latest was
    "Our solution delivers the advantages of a smoother and more consistent trigger feel with just a slightly increased trigger pull."

I kinda dont wanna send mine in after reading this

If it's smoother and more consistent, that's a good thing. Who cares what the factory increased pull is. Just get a prp trigger spring kit, and it'll be dropped to 4.5-5 lbs. It's $15.

PRP XDS Trigger Spring Kit

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I had to send my XD in a while back for some issues.... They had it for two weeks and I have nothing bad to say about the experience at all.... I know one guy that they pretty much replaced everything on his 1911 for free. They stand behind their product.

Top Bottom