• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    As i commented in another thread i was ready to grab one as soon as possible. It has everything i want for a light carry loadout.
    but i am blessed with the freedom and ability to choose other platforms by other manufacturers that dont harm my or my fellow gun owners rights. So i will.

xde? Not anytime soon.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Same boat. Hope their recent actions hit their bottom line. They're big enough it might not happen but we can hope.
    Why the hate on Springfield? I see a lot of comments just like this one and just don't get it. Is it that you're underwhelmed by the product offering? If so, why not simply not buy one instead of wishing them ill? Somebody help me understand here.:dunno:

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Just saw on the rk guns website and ad that appears to be by Springfield that says "save your local firearms dealer, oppose Illinois sb-1657." Help me understand. I thought the bill screwed local firearms dealers and they supported it? I'm not a Springfield fan boy and don't own any. I just don't think I understand their position.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Here are the known facts in a nutshell:
    -SA and RRA are the only two members of the lobbyist thing (I've forgotten the name)
    -Both companies are listed as directirs
    -Lobbyist exchanged their support if the bill for being excluded from it
    -Both companies should have known what the lobbyist was doing
    -Both companies are back peddling fast and they are in damage control mode

Ultimaltey, this is a problem of poor judgement. Either through not watching the lobbyist close enough or by supporting something their customers would be against. I'm not particularly shocked by it either way.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, I quit buying S&W and Ruger's several years ago, haven't bought one since. If I were in the market today I might "maybe" think about buying one since S&W fired the team that was screwing up and Bill Ruger's gone, but have changed to other manufacturers now so doubt it will happen. Now I know I will not buy a SA or RRA. There are too many good gun makers that support our rights without consideration of getting some political advantage to give money to those who betray Gun owners.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Aside from the polical foot-in-mouth, about the actual gun itself: not having held or shot one I can't say much but it looks like just a hammer-fired XDs with the barrel about a mile above the grip. I like the idea of a DA/SA, I think the safety's a little redundant on it but that's what a lot of new shooters like so go for it. Ignoring current events, I like most of it and I'd consider it then realize I I have better guns already.

Top Bottom