• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm not much of a Spyderco guy myself, just because of the style. The quality is, of course, great. But that Mantra II is hot! Full flat CPM M4, with assisted open, Reeve integral lock and ball bearings. :faint:

Edit: not assisted open. Thanks, Brad.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The Mantra models look sweet! How durable is the "wire" pocket clip on those? I know Spyderco has other models that use it so I'm just curious.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've got the wire clip on my manix two lightweight. I've had it for a while now, and carry it frequently. Haven't had any kinds of issues with it so far. Looking forward to seeing/handling the new spydercos.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Mantra and Mantra II are flippers, they are not assisted opening knives.

They flipped open fast and without much effort in the video. Do they have a strong detent like the ZT0452CF, so that when you get past it, the blade just zings right open?

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    They flipped open fast and without much effort in the video. Do they have a strong detent like the ZT0452CF, so that when you get past it, the blade just zings right open?

And, do they still have the major design flaw in the new models? You know Rhino, the huge gaping hole in the steel??? ;)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    A few very cool knives there. The little Lum looks nice (I really like the bigger ones also). The newer version of the Carey folder (forgot the name) is really cool with the carbon fiber and orange spacer. The Paul Alexander model with the big choil is pretty sweet, and the Tighe Stick and Mamba are pretty cool also.

I'm a big Spyderco fan and find the hole the most convenient way to open a pocket knife.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    A few very cool knives there. The little Lum looks nice (I really like the bigger ones also). The newer version of the Carey folder (forgot the name) is really cool with the carbon fiber and orange spacer. The Paul Alexander model with the big choil is pretty sweet, and the Tighe Stick and Mamba are pretty cool also.

I'm a big Spyderco fan and find the hole the most convenient way to open a pocket knife.

Rubicon, I believe. I'm really interested in this one also.

Top Bottom