• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Who's excited about it? I'm extremely stoles about it because the native one was the first "real" knife besides five and ten dollar knives and has remained my all time favorite knife to this day. But what's really got me excited about it is??? Yep you guesses it, the steel!!! Crucible S35VN to be exact. I guess my only gripe would be the full flat grind, and as much as I like the cutting characteristics of the grind I wish they would have used the original swedge back grind. So who's buying one??????

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I just got a FFG a while back and its kinda growing on me. If this Native version is as good as the one I have now then im in for another. Ive put mine thru hell & back. A full serrated one would be nice.:yesway:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I just got a FFG a while back and its kinda growing on me. If this Native version is as good as the one I have now then im in for another. Ive put mine thru hell & back. A full serrated one would be nice.:yesway:

it will be better because because it has s35vn steel. and BOOOOOOO to serrations especially fully serrated blades.:noway:

john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    I've got the Spyderco Endura with the FFG and I love it. Though my first real knife was a native III a couple of years ago and on occasion I carry it instead of the endura. The picture shows S30V, but the info says S35VN. Which is correct and how do those compare?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I've got the Spyderco Endura with the FFG and I love it. Though my first real knife was a native III a couple of years ago and on occasion I carry it instead of the endura. The picture shows S30V, but the info says S35VN. Which is correct and how do those compare?

it looks the same as that pic but it is indeed going to be produced in s35vn. and s35vn is a couple steps above in quality vs s30v.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have one of the first Natives and really like the shape of the knife...except the part where my wife broke the tip off of it using it to pry somethig open. A fancier vesion of this knife with no serations would definetely peak my interest and may end up as my next EDC knife.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Will Brad have these?

As soon as they become available, I will have the Natives with S35VN blades...I wouldn't hold my breath on the release date....Spyderco has a history of not making release dates. Also, If Spyderco comes out with a sprint run first, it will be highly unlikely that I will get any until the regular production runs are available.....so that would push the date back even futher..... who knows when they really will become available?? :dunno:

Note: I have ParaMilitary 2 knives in stock right now.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    As soon as they become available, I will have the Natives with S35VN blades...I wouldn't hold my breath on the release date....Spyderco has a history of not making release dates. Also, If Spyderco comes out with a sprint run first, it will be highly unlikely that I will get any until the regular production runs are available.....so that would push the date back even futher..... who knows when they really will become available?? :dunno:

Note: I have ParaMilitary 2 knives in stock right now.

don't ZT551 me on this one.:):

Top Bottom