• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Would you go with a Tenacious or Endura 4?

I am really digging these two blades.

I've never owned a spyderco, and this would be my EDC blade. I should probably also mention that I absolutely want a plain edge, no serrations at all.

Thanks a bunch,
    T

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Between the two, I would definitely go with the Endura for the better steel. However, I would urge you to take a look at the Manix 2. It's got 154CM steel, it's got a better locking mechanism and is a bit more to hold onto. I've played around with the Endura, and honestly (even though I know it's quality) it just feels cheap to me. I have told everyone about the joys of the Manix. Bradsknives (site advertiser on here) can hook you up and at a price way below MSRP.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've looked at the manix 2 XL, do they offer it in a Flat ground plain blade? Not a huge fan of the weird cut on the manix 2 (the one with a partial relief cut)

I know Brad sells em, going to move some stuff and talk to him to see if he will be remotely close to me for me to see em (if possible). Just figuring the wife won't go for me spending a whole lot on a knife (unless I get rid of something).

Dang. Now it's 3 to choose from. How durable is the locking mech? Any play in the blade over prolonged use, or will it be a tight lockup after thousands of openings :-)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've looked at the manix 2 XL, do they offer it in a Flat ground plain blade? Not a huge fan of the weird cut on the manix 2 (the one with a partial relief cut)

I know Brad sells em, going to move some stuff and talk to him to see if he will be remotely close to me for me to see em (if possible). Just figuring the wife won't go for me spending a whole lot on a knife (unless I get rid of something).

Dang. Now it's 3 to choose from. How durable is the locking mech? Any play in the blade over prolonged use, or will it be a tight lockup after thousands of openings :-)
    Short of a spring breaking that doesn't come into contact with anything, you would have to crush a stainless ball bearing to cause that locking mechanism to fail. It's SO smooth and locks up TIGHT.

What do you mean by the "partial relief cut"? I found the XL to be too big, but I LOVE my regular Manix 2.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Short of a spring breaking that doesn't come into contact with anything, you would have to crush a stainless ball bearing to cause that locking mechanism to fail. It's SO smooth and locks up TIGHT.

What do you mean by the "partial relief cut"? I found the XL to be too big, but I LOVE my regular Manix 2.

LOL, I'm tired and indecisive. I PM'd Brad to see what he's got. I've carried similar to the
    Manix 2 xl before, so size shouldn't be too awful. Just depends on which I like most :-)

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    My endura (I think third gen) is lighter and slimmer, but there is absolutely no problem with the steel on my tenacious. I would worry more about handle thickness than the steel.

That being said, I carry my dozier folding hunter every day, less profile, less weight, less $$ if I lose it, and it fits better than the endura as far as total length in pocket.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    1 vote for the manix2 its one of my edc blades (the other is a crkt m16sfg spearpoint)

but in my work back pack is a endura(just in case i forget to put a knife in my pocket)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I really like a lot of the Spyderco Blades. You can't go wrong with any of your choices. And if the Manix 2 XL isn't too big, I'd go with that one. S30V is some nice steel

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I really like a lot of the Spyderco Blades. You can't go wrong with any of your choices. And if the Manix 2 XL isn't too big, I'd go with that one. S30V is some nice steel

Indeed.

In fact, I think I'll get another so I can have one in each pocket.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The Tenacious is very light, very carry-able ... I forget that I have it. I'm not going to be doing any heavy work with it so the blade steel is more than adequate. There are surely better tactical knives, but this will do in a pinch. The action is super smooth and the lock up is tight. You just can't beat it for the price.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    I currently own an Endura 4, a tenacious, and a Manix 2. All three are great knives. The tenacious is an awesome knife for the price. I also love my endura. Between the two I would take an endura, but if you want to spend a little more money the Manix 2 is definitely worth it. Check out that sweet black blade. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom