• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Both the FBI and NYPD did large scale studies and found that officer’s qualification scores had no correlation to their performance during shootings. Yet tons of money, ammo, and magazine space is spent of the same old two handed square range bull****. There is still a huge separation between the pistol and open hand combatives within intimate and personal distances. Intimate being in contact and personal being just outside of contact. If I had to train my son to survive a gunfight (as I am) the first two things he would have would be an airsoft and a blue gun to match his carry gun. I will also once again go out on a limb and say that 90% of all altercations at personal distances and in could be dealt with using open hand combatives exclusively if the person was so trained and had the mindset to use that training.

I will not even get into the love affair with rifles that you will likely never carry in the street over the pistol which you carry every day.- George

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Amen, brother George. That is why we work the FoF exercises and attempt to replicate a 360 degree environment in our training sessions. It can be done. As to the open hand and the connection, well that's why ACT likes to bring you to the area.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Both the FBI and NYPD did large scale studies and found that officer’s qualification scores had no correlation to their performance during shootings. ..- George

George do you happen to have a link to these studies? Hopefully we are interpreting this information better than most do the FBI LEOKA studies.

Top Bottom