• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Bought 3 more packages of squid jerky at Japan in the world showcase today. One of them is supposed to be hot so we'll see how that one is. Man, I love that stuff.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Given the potential ambiguity in the thread title referring to 'squid jerky', I do have to say better this:
    Z5050084-Squid-SPL.jpg

Than this:

2439497707.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Bought 3 more packages of squid jerky at Japan in the world showcase today. One of them is supposed to be hot so we'll see how that one is. Man, I love that stuff.

You been able to find a place? If not, I am planning on heading to Leonard Wood one day here soon. Should be able to find it at either Asian markets though or maybe even Walmart/Meijer. I had an LT that used to eat that stuff by the bagful. More power to you both.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Why did this thread have to be revived. Dried Squid, dried on the rustic corrugated steel roofs of houses next to the ocean. Nothing better. Now I have to get a fix. Thanks a lot for bringing this back up.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Squid jerky...man I remember many years ago...my Mom (who is from Taiwan) got a package from family back in Taiwan. She's going through it, all happy and smiling, when she pulls out this bag. She goes downstairs into the family room, plops down on the couch, and with a big smile tears the bag open and starts munching away.

As the stink wafts through the house, and still with that big smile on her face, she tells me that they used to eat that stuff instead of popcorn when she was young. She ate the entire bag. I guess I should have tried some, but man did that stuff stink!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The Asian market is on 86th, rather than 96th. Wouldn't want anyone to get lost when they rush out to find some of this. It used to be at 126th & Rangeline in Carmel, but they have a much larger location now. Don't doubt the calamari, man.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I leaned to love Pusit when I was stationed the Philippines. They have several ways of cooking it but dried its a handy and tasty snack. Better for you than the junk food we Americans eat.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    What if we Americans eat squid and octopus?:laugh:

You mean en mass? Replacing candy bars, popcorn and other assorted junk food with healthy snacks like squid and octopus? We would as a country start losing weight, some health problems would start diminishing. Things would get better. And we would all have to get used to that stinky fish smell, everywhere! :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Replacing candy bars, popcorn and other assorted junk food with healthy snacks like squid and octopus?

We don't eat as many candy bars as the rest of the world. Popcorn is great for you.

We really need an INGO sushi night so we can all go eat this stuff . . . and I am REALLY hungry.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    You guys HAVE to try this!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...p=29&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:76&biw=1599&bih=815

I was born in Korea (and am half-Korean as well) and this is something that I know all the American Army-dudes love...
    It's a commonly eaten "snack" in S. Korea.

It is obviously squid... and it's dried, much like beef jerky... and they have just a hint of spice to them and they are PERFECT.
    Better than any beef jerky I've ever even eaten. :rockwoot:

You can get it at the Korean Grocery (Adi-dang) at Pendleton Pike/Post Rd on the Eastside of Indy,
    and all over Korean groceries carry a similar product/same stuff... This one brand specifically is just delicious.

Ahhhh squidbacon!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom