• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    A friend of mine from work asked me to pick him up some when I went to South Korea to visit my son who was stationed there. Found it in a little market across the street from my sons apartment, and bought him a few bags. My friend was ecstatic and tore one of the bags open as soon as he got it. The smell was something I will never forget but I will always try something once so I tried a piece. Wasn't as bad as I expected but I will probably never try another piece. Like chewing on a old piece of fishy leather, definitely not for me.

Jdirt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    It tastes like fish flavored rubber bands! (I know because I have ate them both) When I describe it like that it makes it seem bad, but it's really pretty good. I used to work with a Korean dude & he would buy it & put some kind of ultra hot sauce on it. I couldn't help but eat some every time he had it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, looked and Meijers didn't have anything close there. Im sure there are some more actual Asian Markets here in NWI, just figured I'd find some and post. Reminds me of my time in Korea.
    Yea, the smell was more then enough for me, but still tried it, was not something that I'd have again. Not bad, but I don't like most seafood.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, looked and Meijers didn't have anything close there. Im sure there are some more actual Asian Markets here in NWI, just figured I'd find some and post. Reminds me of my time in Korea.
    Yea, the smell was more then enough for me, but still tried it, was not something that I'd have again. Not bad, but I don't like most seafood.

There is one on Kennedy in Highland. Just south of Duluth. Don't know if there are any others.
    Highland Orient Food Mart

8203 Kennedy Avenue
    Highland, IN
    (219) 923-9797

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    There is one on Kennedy in Highland. Just south of Duluth. Don't know if there are any others.
    Highland Orient Food Mart

8203 Kennedy Avenue
    Highland, IN
    (219) 923-9797

Thanks, i was kinda looking more as the challenge of it. Although, I do like some good Asian food.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Thanks, i was kinda looking more as the challenge of it. Although, I do like some good Asian food.

Keep looking. There might be more. It's been a few years since I lived up in that neck of the woods or would asphalt be a better term?

I just know that one because it was close to the house when I needed something.

ETA I misunderstood your post at first. You were looking for the squid jerky as kind of a challenge not oriental grocery stores in general.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Keep looking. There might be more. It's been a few years since I lived up in that neck of the woods or would asphalt be a better term?

I just know that one because it was close to the house when I needed something.

ETA I misunderstood your post at first. You were looking for the squid jerky as kind of a challenge not oriental grocery stores in general.

No worries, I was also doing it to help out the OP, as I understand how people do love that stuff, but, not my cup of tea. Just know what its like going without a favorite food for awhile. Heck, in Korea, went without steak for a LONG time, as the Dining Facility did not make it, and was not out on the open market. Was wonderful when I was finally able to have some again

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bought 3 bags of it when I was down there. Opened the second one up a little while ago and eating on the 3rd now.

Top Bottom