Got one today.

574454_487864571300348_583975996_n.jpg

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    Should have had two, but one rolled down a very steep hillside, and I lost him. So, one for opening day. Going out again this am with a buddy.

Mad Dog

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Should have had two, but one rolled down a very steep hillside, and I lost him. So, one for opening day. Going out again this am with a buddy.

Mad Dog

Thought I was the only one this lucky, I shot one out of the top of a tree just to find the tree was on the edge of a ravine and I wouldn't try climbing down there for 1 tree rat.

SNAGGLE TOOTH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Indy
    Whack about six of them and try cooking them in a crockpot with some bacon, carrots, onions and red wine. Mashed potatoes on the side. Meat will fall off the bones.

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    I wouldn't call a singleshot break open hammer .22 a fancy gun.....but it does have a nice scope. Anyway, got 2 more this am, and again, no skeeters!

Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    Back out this morning. Another absolutely beautiful day in the woods. Ended up with three. Shoulda been five if I'd shot straight.:rolleyes:

Found the 1st hickory nut cuttings this year, when I went to pick up my second kill.

Mad Dog

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I went out this morning and coulda shot about three. I was carrying an H&R topper 12 ga. that I just straightened to an english grip and refinished the wood with some home made stain in a sort of fiddleback design. Looks cool.

But for some reason, I decided to just watch the squirrels instead of shooting them. I don't know, sometimes I don't like to make alot of noise when I'm out in the woods. Sure was a pretty morning.

DBoller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Went out this evening with my CZ with some new Eley Edge I thought I'd try out, deadly combination. Only got one, but I probably worked the hardest to get it out of any I've killed. Took about 30 minutes to stalk up to it, got positioned for a shot and then it ran to a different branch and was blocked from my view so I had to move again but it finally offered a good headshot. Didn't get any pictures though as it got dark on me before I had the chance.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    These last few mornings here in southern Ind have been great for hunting. Nice and cool, not too windy and the squirrels have been busy. I found lots of sign early this morning but it was old so I kept on moving. About 8:30 I saw movement up ahead about 150 yards and spotted a couple squirrels jumping around in the tree tops. After about ten minutes or so I was within 30 yards and got setup behind a big tree trunk where I had a good view of the hickory they were in. It wasn't long before they first one gave me an easy shot. About the time he hit the ground another came out and looked around. Shot number two dropped him a few feet from the first one. Anther one came down to see what happened to his buddies so I dropped him too. 3 shots in about 30 seconds and I had 3 greys on the ground all within a few feet of each other.
    As I went to pick them up another took off and didn't give me a shot. I gathered them up and decided to head for the truck when another one took off. It amazing that there was five squirrels in the tree but I never saw the last two until it was too late. Guess I should have been more patient. But three is still a good bag . I used my .22 Rainstorm PCP air rifle.
    IMG_20130818_092841_901_zpsd25a38e6.jpg

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I'm going out hunting this weekend. Where is the best place to hit them? I'm seeing a lot of head and shoulder shots. I'll be using either a remington 121, or a winchester 75.

Top Bottom