• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Anyone else planning on shootin some tree rats in a few days? Im going to try salamonie and mississenewa hopefully be borrowing my brothers single shot modified choke since mine is a 20" cylinder bore. Then maybe my bow on some private land.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I might take a stab at some Brunswick stew. Last year was a huge year for squirrel breeding. Everyone I talk to notices loads more that usual. The neighborhood dogs patrol my yard along with a couple of hawks and still I have a half dozen squirrels running.

I warmed up by taking out "Alvin" a few hours ago with the Shadow 1000.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Wish i had some .22s to shoot em with but im pretty much out so i gotta use the shotgun. Gonna have mom fix some squirrel n noodles hopefully. almost had a ground hog yesterday but poor shot placement resulted in a lost critter...i feel aweful wondering if he will live or if he died.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    chez sounds like when i started shootin fish i bring my bow out to the river and not a carp to be seen bring my pole and you could walk on all the carp out there

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    As a kid, every year I could hardly wait for Aug 15 to roll around. Loved early mornings in the woods stalking tree rats. Couldn't beat it with a stick ! Got away from it through the years due to business, family, etc. Now I have the time and tons of them steps from my door. Each summer I think I'll go out after a few but don't really want to clean them, etc. When fishing, I can catch & release what I don't want to clean. Kind of hard to release a successfully hunted/shot squirrel. So I just go to my gun club and pretend. But maybe this year...

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    hey that reminds me i have some .22mag stashed away for the rough rider i know i could pop one with the LR cylinder need to go out and shoot some paper with the mag and see where it hits.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    we have shotguns. we have .17hmr guns. but my son and I usually head to the woods to hunt squirrels with our recurves and judo points. we load up our back quivers and head to the woods. a squirrel is definitely a trophy with a traditional bow. but with that said I will say we come home often empty handed and eating mcdonalds. happy, joking, and telling stories the whole way.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    My 10 yr old and 6 yr old are chomping at the bit for squirrel season so we'll be out in the 93 predicted degree temp. I ordered 500 rounds of 22 LR from Palmetto so I should be in good shape. I'll also be taking advantage of the situation and look for deer trails for deer season.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Squirrels are a might smaller than ground hogs, just sayin'...

Pretty much the same thing my dad said. I was shooting an arrow with vanes out of a quick draw bowfishing rest i forgot i wasn't using a flipper rest. I hit high windage was perfect but elevation was about 3" high pretty sure it was just a flesh wound. now had that been off my flipper rest i would have ground hog for supper today.

Top Bottom