• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 311thewiser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Valpo
    A couple buddies and I went to kingsbury to hunt squirrel. Let me put it this way, I have never been so deep in the woods and around so many trees and only see ONE squirrel in a four hour period! I wonder if i did anything wrong? Didnt see but one squirrel. Anyone got any tips?? Is that common i at kingsbury? I was in area 5 and the old campground.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    We've had it pretty dry earlier in the year. I've been working areas close to water and it seems to be paying off. At least on Greys I should add. Food appears to be more abundant closer to the water and my stick filled up quicker once I changed my normal ways of hunting.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Go out to area seven when it is like 45 degrees out like last Monday...got five in a couple of hours and I was just taking a stroll through the woods with the shotgun...

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I also find most of my squirrels in/near hickory trees. Though I haven't noticed a lack of nut production from the ones on my grandpa's land in central Indiana. That has nothing to do with the OP, but I really like talking about squirrel hunting.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Went to Kingsbury today at 11; saw 4 running limb to limb, couldn't even put a bead on them before disappearing. Started out of the woods slowly at 4:30, by 4:45 had three down & in the bag. Go figure.

311thewiser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Valpo
    Went to Kingsbury today at 11; saw 4 running limb to limb, couldn't even put a bead on them before disappearing. Started out of the woods slowly at 4:30, by 4:45 had three down & in the bag. Go figure.

Ya that kind of figures. I am going to go back when there is less leaves. What area did you hunt?

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    There's that other hunting area by Kingsbury on the other side of LaPorte. I can't think of the name of it at the moment but I crossed the creek right at the small parking area and climbed up the second hill behind it and sat for a while. After about 5 minutes of sitting, the place became squirrel city. I made a mental note to bring a folding fishing chair back there next time when I'm after squirrel.

Top Bottom