• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Squirrel season opens up soon and I haven't been squirrel hunting since I was a kid in PA more than 20 years ago. I'm looking to get back into it.

I don't really have any friends who are into it, so I'm looking for someone willing to let me tag along with them sometime this fall.

I'm in the Indy area but I'm willing to drive a couple of hours since I don't have a particular spot in mind.

Anybody game for taking me out?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll go once it gets a little cooler and we start losing leaves. Been thinking the same. May have a third to go with us.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    From what I have seen so far this year, anyplace that allows hnting should have plenty of squirrels. I frequent different patches of Yellowwod. It can be tricky early with a 22. But that keeps me from cleaning as many.

Morgan-Monroe may be a little closer for you. Besides the company, you really don't need a partner. Squirrel hunting is a great way to practice your woodsman ship and patience.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I just got my .22 sighted in. I'm ready. Morgan Monroe forest is a great option. I also like Hoosier national but I'm also from Bloomington. What gun are you going to use. I been squirrel hunting alone but I think in a pair is a little more fun.

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Is there a certain area squirrel hunting is restricted to, for instance not inside city limits. Although I've heard of people shooting them inside city limits as pest animals... Sounds like a fun trip

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just got my .22 sighted in. I'm ready. Morgan Monroe forest is a great option. I also like Hoosier national but I'm also from Bloomington. What gun are you going to use. I been squirrel hunting alone but I think in a pair is a little more fun.

I've got a 10/22 and a 12 gauge, so I'm open for either.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Nabbed my first this past Wednesday. The undergrowth and foliage were thick near Brookeville lake. As were the heat and mosquitos! Overall a fun, if sweaty, day in the woods.

Saw a few rabbit hopping around and a couple of doe too!

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    We got 12 opening day in green county at a friends. I thought about going to yellow wood also. I haven't been since I was young. It was the first place my dad took me when I was 5 so 20 years ago.

Top Bottom