• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just make sure it’s a squirrel before you go mano-a-mano. Some friends of mine had a raccoon rattling around in an upstairs loft. They put a live trap up there. The family came back from some outing and went up to check. Kids went too because...kids. Hubby threw open the door and a very angry/frightened skunk in the live trap blasted the whole family.

They showered and scrubbed like mad and thought they finally got rid of the odor, but when they went to church they noticed no one would sit near them...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Just make sure it’s a squirrel before you go mano-a-mano. Some friends of mine had a raccoon rattling around in an upstairs loft. They put a live trap up there. The family came back from some outing and went up to check. Kids went too because...kids. Hubby threw open the door and a very angry/frightened skunk in the live trap blasted the whole family.

They showered and scrubbed like mad and thought they finally got rid of the odor, but when they went to church they noticed no one would sit near them...

...so they had to sit in their own pew?

:joke:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had several of them accessing my attic the same way. I put my vodka skills to convincing me I had the engineering skills to throw together a spring loaded one way door that even with those scary sharp claws, they couldn't dig it open. After a couple of days, I'd stopped hearing the little bastiges motivating themselves around in the attic. Then I sawed off the end of the fascia board and replaced it with a clean new one, jammed in so it wouldn't tempt them to bite or claw. I still have monkey faces all in the blown in insulation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep...

81uVVtF8-lL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Victor Metal Pedal Rat Trap - 1 Trap M201 - Wood Rat Trap

Or...

[video=youtube;oNltR4iCRCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNltR4iCRCA[/video]

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, I now have a squirrel in my attic. He chewed through the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] story facia board and is going in and out every morning. I would like to chase him out of there before I have someone repair the damaged boards. Any suggestions?
    I have tried playing owl sounds and barking dog sounds in the house near the spot where I hear him, but that does not seem to have worked. Any other ideas?

Get a rookie cop to come over?

One of the best This American Life stories (you will thank me):
    [video=youtube;npxaMe1Bh2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npxaMe1Bh2o[/video]
    [video=youtube;g7aqnckMQbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7aqnckMQbs[/video]

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    If you use a Victor rat trap,drive some 1-1 /2 " finishing nails from the bottom to spike it's throat.Tie a string to it because they can carry it off.I ran a rabbit wire tunnel from hole to a live trap.If you set traps on roof or ground, the Pineys love the really big sunflower seeds. Good luck.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, it seem to be black walnut dropping time, and I have a few tree rats coming all the way down to the ground to get them. I had 3 of my feral cats that I'd just fed, watching one intently. None of them was hungry enough yet to go turn it into food. I was tempted to fetch my pellet rifle.

Top Bottom