• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Being from out east I only ever hunted greys as a kid. My father-in-law tells me the reds taste like garbage. Any truth to that? How do you all cook 'em up?

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just go pretend your deer hunting. Then they will come out in the hundreds. that's what happens to me anyway during deer season.

Yeah I think those tree rats are are smarter than we give them credit for. I remember one Deer season one just kept coming out and barking at me as if to say "HA HA it deer season and you have slugs in your gun" So from then on I followed the advice of a friend and kept a squirrel load in the tube so I could just rack the pump and nail the little sucker!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure if the .22lr supply does not improve by the time you are ready to go hunting. Someone on INGO would be willing to part with some of their stash so you can go try to bag a few bushy tails. Even me, I don't have huge supply but would be willing to sell a hundred or so at a normal price.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Best call I've ever found is when I slobber up the back of my hand real good and then "kiss" it in a chatter rhythm. Sounds silly, but works better than any mechanical call I've ever wasted money on. I've got an 11 year old who has been doing it since he was 6 and I can't tell him from the real thing. Try it before you laugh at it, you'll see.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I would go early morning, with a shotgun, with some good 1 1/4 oz (12 ga) of number 4-6 size shot. Look around to where there are cuttings (pieces of nuts and stuff the squirrels have like threw away) on the ground in great quantity. Find a good tree to sit at and watch. Youll here the cuttings hitting the ground, or see them move. For cuttings see where they are landing and keep following them up where there coming from. Youll eventually find that squirrel. Once you do, let that shotgun bark, and go get your squirrel. Repeat proccess

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Best call I've ever found is when I slobber up the back of my hand real good and then "kiss" it in a chatter rhythm. Sounds silly, but works better than any mechanical call I've ever wasted money on. I've got an 11 year old who has been doing it since he was 6 and I can't tell him from the real thing. Try it before you laugh at it, you'll see.
    I use this method quite a bit to get fox sqirrel's to show themselves when they are hidden in the treetops and cutting.Just get a good rest and squeak-they usually come down fast.Grays tend to run the other way fast.

Top Bottom