• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Send it back! You paid for a gun and should have one that works properly. I'm surprised it failed after you returned it. You think they would make sure it worked flawlessly before they returned it to you.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    My SR9c eats everything I've ever put in it....

Instead of trying to score mags... you should have had the gun replaced when they offered ;)

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Just curious if you've ever fired any quality hollow point ammo and in a different weight? If you've only used UMC,WWB and Blaizers in one weight and target ammo, I really wouldn't be too quick to judge that it's just the gun. The SR9c I had would eat anything I put thru it but then again,I never used any of those 3 brands of ammo.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Call Ruger back and ask for a replacement. You have a lemon. My SR9c has never failed.

:twocents:

ol' poke.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    FWIW--I agree with those that say send it back. If nothing else, you'll have the satisfaction that you got your money's worth even if you go ahead and trade it off. Also, though I don't have the compact version, I can vouch for the SA XDm's.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Lots of good advice here. Thanks. I contacted Ruger and they are sending me a new sr9c. It'll be for sale NIB soon. I'm gonna get the XDm 3.8 Compact in 9mm.

And yes, to the question about high-quality hollow-point ammo. I did shoot some PDX1 and Critical Defense and it shot fine, but if a gun won't comfortably shoot good quality basic range ammo it is of no use to me. I'm not gonna blow $1+ per round down range for marksmanship practice. I do shoot 50 rounds of any self-defense ammo to make sure they fire well before carrying them for defensive purposes.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Send it back! You paid for a gun and should have one that works properly. I'm surprised it failed after you returned it. You think they would make sure it worked flawlessly before they returned it to you.

The repair report said they fired 50 rounds of Black Hills 115gr and it functioned fine. They are sending me a new gun. I have to give kudos to Ruger tech support. They have gone out of their way to try to make this right.

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Old SR9 here with the circle mag release. Not a problem Ever in the 4 years I've owned it. 800 rounds..all sorts of ammo.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Lots of good advice here. Thanks. I contacted Ruger and they are sending me a new sr9c. It'll be for sale NIB soon. I'm gonna get the XDm 3.8 Compact in 9mm.

This is my :twocents: here, but most people aren't going to give you NIB price for it even if it is NIB if you sell it in the classifieds; you'd probably get haggled down to a price as if it were shot so you may as well try it before completely ditching it. If you liked anything about the gun, which you did because you bought one, I'd give the 2nd a genuine chance. Every manufacturer in existence has produced something that hasn't worked properly. If I'd have dealt away everything at the first sign of trouble I doubt I'd have much left; the only firearm I haven't had an issue with are my Glocks but that isn't to say that Glocks are trouble-free.

At any rate, good luck with what you decide to do. After all, it is your gun and you have to be happy with it and trust it. Let us know what you ended up going with!

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    WWB is far from being quaility ammo.
    Both my Sr9c and SR9 work like clocks.

WWB is pretty consistent range ammo. Everyone I know shoots it from lots of other guns, and I'm sure a good sr9c would be able to shoot it without jamming on every mag. When my sr9c was shooting well (for about 6 weeks) it shot WWB like a champ, and PMC, and Blazer, and S&B, and...

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    This is my :twocents: here, but most people aren't going to give you NIB price for it even if it is NIB if you sell it in the classifieds; you'd probably get haggled down to a price as if it were shot so you may as well try it before completely ditching it. If you liked anything about the gun, which you did because you bought one, I'd give the 2nd a genuine chance. Every manufacturer in existence has produced something that hasn't worked properly. If I'd have dealt away everything at the first sign of trouble I doubt I'd have much left; the only firearm I haven't had an issue with are my Glocks but that isn't to say that Glocks are trouble-free.

At any rate, good luck with what you decide to do. After all, it is your gun and you have to be happy with it and trust it. Let us know what you ended up going with!

DDawg: Thanks for the encouragement. I should give the new sr9c a chance when it gets back, but I twitch when I think of the amount of trouble it has caused me. I think I'll move on to another company and start fresh with a new 9mm. Lots of newbies out there who will jump at a good price on a brand new sr9c with 4 mags with no shipping, no FFL charges, and no tax. They're on backorder in most of the stores. I did like the gun... nice feel in the hand, nice trigger (when it reset), very accurate when I shot it well, manageable recoil, and dead sexy looking with the stainless slide.

Ruger did treat me very well and I hold no bad feelings toward them. I'll buy one of their revolvers or a 1911 someday.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Update on the "Lemon" Ruger sr9c...

I sent the gun back to Ruger a second time... this time for the replacement they offered me (twice). They sent the same gun back saying there is nothing wrong with it. They also promised me 2 magazines as an apology for the scratches they put on my trigger guard. They sent me the wrong mags. This whole experience has been less than positive. I'm now waiting on their "decision" as to whether they will send me a new replacement gun. Now I'm pissed. If they don't, I'm going to use the the gun for target practice... as the target! I'll record video of using the sr9c as a target, shoot it up real good and tell the story of how this whole mess went down, then post it on youtube. I don't trust the gun at all and wouldn't consider selling it to anyone else. So, if I'm stuck with it Ruger is gonna feel the pain.

SLIM86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Shocked to hear this, I have a SR9C and it is the best pistol of the 5 I have owned. I have shot several different types of ammo and 1000's or rounds with no issue. It is also the most accurate and best feeling as far as grip and trigger of every gun I own. I own a Ruger P95 and the SR9C is more accurate then the P95. Sorry to hear you had issues but I would highly recommend this pistol. i also have a Colt 1911 that tends to stove pipe around 100 rounds though it

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I had troubles with my SR9c as well. Felt great in the hand, was fairly accurate, comfy to carry, but couldn't depend on it to work in a shtf scenario. Sold it to a coworker...I bought a Sig P6 with the money. Holy monkeys, Batman...that thing makes ragged holes in a target!

Anyway, still love a 9 for carry and all my doublestacks are a little to thick for my liking and my 1911 is an anchor...I ordered a P239 SAS Gen 2 in 9mm. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    its a ruger. they're work horses. i'm not sure what you expected.
    a ruger firearm is like an AK47. it'll work full of mud. or sand. or tar. its not the most accurate firearm ever but the only failure you have is when you run out of bullets.

and then you can use it as a hammer. and a pry bar. and an anvil. it'll still work when you use pieces of the frame to melt down for bullets.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom