• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Picked up a SR9c Weds to ad to my Ruger collection. Had my eye on it for a long time, and have watched and read countless video's and reviews on it. Cleaned it last night, and heading to the range after work, can't wait!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    x2, absolutely love mine! It's the most affordable gun I have, and after I got the sights adjusted to my liking, I can't seem to miss with it. One of the first things I did when I got it was to clean out the striker channel, and remove the magazine disconnect. Some say that makes the trigger a bit better, but I didn't fire it before I cleaned it, so I can't say that it does or doesn't. Speaking of the trigger, that's probably my favorite part of the gun... it's the best out-of-the-box striker trigger I've ever had. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, congratulations!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congratulations on picking up a fantastic gun! I've had the pleasure of shooting both the 9 and 9c and they are incredible guns and you couple that with the price tag and the customer service you get with buying a Ruger... damn hard to beat! Post up a review of it when you finally get a chance to put it through it's paces!

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Absolutely love it! Went through 150 rounds of various ammo. Not one misfire, very accurate and feels great! I gave it Federal, Winchester, and PPU from Wal-mart. Herter's, Hornady Critical Defense, and some reloads from a friend at work. Grouping was from 20ft. Ran some through my LC9 as well, no issues with that other than needs sight adjustment. Shots were very low.

View attachment 30303 View attachment 30304

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Held one at the gun store and love what they've done on the trigger on that one. I only wish they'd make one without all the confounded safeties, but that's not Ruger's thing on anything larger than the LCP.

Sigh.

Rooze1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    NWI
    Would anyone consider this a pocket gun? I was considering it as I have an SR9 and love it, but I don't think it will fit in my pocket. I do however think the LC9 will fit. Any thoughts?

mShu7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Would anyone consider this a pocket gun? I was considering it as I have an SR9 and love it, but I don't think it will fit in my pocket. I do however think the LC9 will fit. Any thoughts?

Absolutely not a pocket gun. Even the LC9 is a little large for pocket carry. Regardless though, the SR9C is a FANTASTIC gun.

mShu7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    No problem. We have both. SR9C for me & LC9 for my wife. Although, I sometimes carry the LC9 when I need something a tad smaller.

I love me some Rugers. :)

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby

it'd be VERY big for a pocket pistol -- not impossible, but somewhat heavy and large compared to what I consider to be typical pocket pistols (small 380s and 38 5-shot revolvers)

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

My LC9 rides within an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster as my EDC, summer shorts or winter jeans. Does just fine in my right front pocket. (Fine hangun too. Not one single jam.)

Top Bottom