• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    That is what I keyed in on. The "We" and naming of size, etc. made it sound like you are speaking for more than just yourself. I kinda thought that this was the point of naming the size of the forum as to carry weight greater than one voice.

Perhaps I read that wrong. But the assumption is that since you are invoking the royal "We" you mean to involve the forum.

If you wrote, "I came across this issue on a very large internet forum of 12000 gun owners, etc." I would not have mentioned it since then you are speaking of yourself but letting them know people are paying the situation attention.

That was my thinking.

Please see edited post. Guess I was reading it in my head differently then you were, that is why I am not sending it I are none to bright about stuff like that...;)

Good point though I amended the OP, either way I will stand behind my brothers but I have no dog in this fight I just won't go to Saint John, IN. It is mainly populated by our neighbors to the west anyway and they bring their ideals and politics with them.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Excellent ideas. I like the petition and some personal letters to the town manager, council, police commission and the chief. I feel letters to the news outlets are a bit much at this time. I would like to hear a response from the town first. Then depending on how this is handled, we go from there.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    As a courtesy, I would ask Fenway before bringing the forum into any letter.

Are you saying that anyone of us needs to ask Mike if we can mention the site? Uh, that's like free advertising and nothing he can do to stop it from being said. I mean no disrespect to Mike or the board, but no one owes any obligation to get permission in order to mention an internet site in conversation or letter.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Are you saying that anyone of us needs to ask Mike if we can mention the site? Uh, that's like free advertising and nothing he can do to stop it from being said. I mean no disrespect to Mike or the board, but no one owes any obligation to get permission in order to mention an internet site in conversation or letter.

I think that what he is saying is that the original letter was written in a way that could be interpreted to mean he represented or was officially connected to the site.
    You are correct, if I were to say "I saw on INGO...." there is no issue. But to use the "we" while writing about the site implies something different.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Their response to me was unwarranted criminal charges filed on a holiday weekend. F--- them and their sensibilities.

Sounds like time for a nice big fat lawsuit for violation of your Constitutional rights! Probably the only thing these knot heads will understand...

Top Bottom