• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Too bad one did run away before being caught, wife needs more range time! Glad to see articles like this. Of course this will never hit the main stream media cause it doesn't fit their agenda...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wow! Bet they didn't know they were breakin into Chuck Norris's house. That's some seriously good shootin under pressure.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Happy for these folks. It is always a mistake to mess with a parents child.

My wife once said she was not sure she could kill someone if they were raping her. She also said if someone was messing with her children she would rip there eyes out and spit in the socket then stuff there ba**s in them.

Yes this scared the crap outta me!

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Just wondering if Shannon watts read the article.

Do you really have to ask?

To the OP: Thanks for sharing this great story. I'm impressed with the skill of the father to accurately hit his target with his daughter's life on the line.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I read that story yesterday and thought wow.. not only did he have a gun ready to go but so did mom. Not sure if I would have been so quick to act but I guess when you got two guys willing to do that, its going to end bad one way or the other. Glad the good guys did not get hurt

85s10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Would really like to know more detail on exactly what happened. Takes some guts to shoot someone that is holding your daughter-glad he was able to hit his target.

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    I herd about this the other day. Maybe on yahoo news???? It was pretty awesome but the article I read clearly left some info out. We're the "parents" just practicing pointing at the door when they happened to come in???

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    Would really like to know more detail on exactly what happened. Takes some guts to shoot someone that is holding your daughter-glad he was able to hit his target.

Yes, almost too much guts. I would love to see the full story. This dude sounds like a BAD A$$.
    Has to have some real training too, the people I see at the range can't hit paper @ 7 yds. With a 6" revolver :) just kidding. Very tough shot though indeed

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So, let's dust off an old file. I was searching around for something else when I tripped over this and it got me curious about the rest of the story.

Recall from previous episodes that in 2014 two ne'er-do-wells grabbed a 17 yo girl in front of her house and pushed her inside, using her as a human shield. Ma and Pa were not deterred however and shot both ne'er-do-wells, killing one and sending the other, one Cortez McClinton, fleeing with one gsw in the chest and one gsw in each thigh

McClinton had his brother take him to the hospital where I guess police caught up with him, as he was subsequently charged with second degree murder (felony murder) and a couple other crimes.
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_29109617-bc56-534f-82e6-d36ccba40c38.html

Also recall that McClinton had been arrested in 2010 for murder, but the case was dropped because of "a lack of cooperating witnesses. McClinton spent 3 years in jail waiting for the trial that did not happen.
    That means he got out in about 2013, with the incident in the OP happening in July 2014.

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

In 2013 Tyrell Davidson was charged with murdering 16 yo Chauncy Brown. Tyrell's mother enlisted her brother and one, maybe two other relatives (not sure of their exact status of one of them) (all three with "lengthy criminal histories") to kill two witnesses who were going to testify against her son. One witness was a friend of the murdered boy and was with him when he was killed. The other witness was in the same car with Davidson when he shot Brown. Both witnesses were shot to death in separate incidents in Oct 2013 and April 2014 prior to trial. Other witnesses who were in the car with Davidson suddenly became uncooperative with the police. The case against Davidson was dropped.

Her brother is Cortez McClinton.
    https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/m...itnesses-in-sons-murder-trial-prosecutors-say

The cops figured out what happened and the mother, the three she enlisted to kill, and her son were then charged by the State Attorney General in July 2016 with various crimes related to killing the witnesses.
    https://www.theroot.com/mom-orchestrated-slayings-of-witnesses-in-son-s-trial-1790856206
    https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/m...tnesses-in-sons-murder-trial-prosecutors-say/

However, the detective in this case who would present the forensic evidence was unable to testify when the trial came up because he was afflicted with terminal brain cancer.

The prosecution asked for continuance so that another expert could be brought in to testify in his place but the judge denied this and the case was dropped in September 2018.
    At the time the prosecution said it would get a new forensic witness and refile the charges later but...
    https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/c...p-with-brain-cancer-cant-testify/63-591287098

In Feb 2020, just a few days ago, the son whom the mother was trying to protect by having witnesses killed (allegedly!) agreed to a deal where he pleas guilty to second degree murder and "armed criminal action" in exchange for prosecution dropping first degree murder and witness tampering. No mention of the other four previous witness tampering accomplices.
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_b96a7e5e-979c-520f-b087-c20e8de38437.html

Also this month, February 2020, a jury found Cortez McClinton guilty of second degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, and "armed criminal action." He will be sentenced on 18 Mar 20.
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_5e346c5b-b5b1-58a6-a539-1e514093e011.html

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I did post the channel 8 story from back then to Shannon Watts facebook page. I doubt it stays there very long. Glad to help.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I love happy endings! Thank God the parents had the presence of mind to do what they had to do. They saved their daughter.

Top Bottom