• Poll closed .

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    j6YTvEg.jpg

So I am turning 30 this year and want to get a pistol I have always wanted for a while. The original contender was a MK23 but I had the opportunity to shoot one and to say it was not for me would be an understatement.

So I got my hands on a CS and it felt amazing in my hand. I really like the CS as the idea of a 2011 you can actually carry has appealed to me for at least the last 10 years I just could never afford one and when I could STI (now Staccato) stopped making them.

Has anyone on INGO had experience with one IRL? I know it won’t be nearly as soft shooting as my Staccato P , but I expect it to shoot “softer” than my P365X for example. The new mags don’t concern me as I really like the new grip and would honestly have my P converted if possible.

Not 100% sure on optics yet but really leaning towards the Trijicon RCR as I want to keep it like my Staccato P 100% American down to the optics.

Also other guns I am considering, but I feel like the CS would get by far the most use. The SP5 is because well every 90’s kid wants an MP5 and the Python is my favorite looking pistol ever but I don’t think it would get shot a lot as I heavily prefer optics.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    We're I in your shoes, I'd have to say the SP5.

I have very little experience with any of those three, and the only one I've ever shot was the Python. I didn't get the hype on that one. It didn't do anything amazing for me, and I actually prefer shooting my Smiths. I shot my buddy's King Cobra at the same time as his Python, and I liked the King Cobra better, too. The Python is pretty, but overrated, IMO.

The Stacatto is a double-stack 1911 with a dot. A nice one, admittedly, but I've got 1911s, and I've got dot-equipped handguns, and I don't see the Stacatto doing anything earth shattering for me that those aren't already providing. If you're going to use it as a primary carry gun, I see the justification, but personally I'm not an SAO or a manual safety guy when it comes to carry, so it would end up as just another expensive range toy like the other two.

The MP5 offers something rare and unique, in addition to its 80's and 90's retro appeal. There aren't very many viable roller-delayed PCC/Subgun options out there. And nothing built to the quality and reliability standards of an MP5. I own a CMMG RDB AR that was basically an attempt at replicating the functionality of the MP5 in a modern platform. I love that gun, but IMO it falls short of a true roller-delayed system. But based on how much I enjoy shooting that CMMG, I can only imagine how much fun a real MP5 would be!

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I carried a 10 mm STI 6" barreled 2011 as my last 1911 type when Artheritis hit my hands. Extended mag gave me 21 rounds of 10 mm. Build and finish was great.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    We're I in your shoes, I'd have to say the SP5.

I have very little experience with any of those three, and the only one I've ever shot was the Python. I didn't get the hype on that one. It didn't do anything amazing for me, and I actually prefer shooting my Smiths. I shot my buddy's King Cobra at the same time as his Python, and I liked the King Cobra better, too. The Python is pretty, but overrated, IMO.

The Stacatto is a double-stack 1911 with a dot. A nice one, admittedly, but I've got 1911s, and I've got dot-equipped handguns, and I don't see the Stacatto doing anything earth shattering for me that those aren't already providing. If you're going to use it as a primary carry gun, I see the justification, but personally I'm not an SAO or a manual safety guy when it comes to carry, so it would end up as just another expensive range toy like the other two.

The MP5 offers something rare and unique, in addition to its 80's and 90's retro appeal. There aren't very many viable roller-delayed PCC/Subgun options out there. And nothing built to the quality and reliability standards of an MP5. I own a CMMG RDB AR that was basically an attempt at replicating the functionality of the MP5 in a modern platform. I love that gun, but IMO it falls short of a true roller-delayed system. But based on how much I enjoy shooting that CMMG, I can only imagine how much fun a real MP5 would be!

Honestly the SP5s have bad triggers , the MP5s are much better.

Now that being said the Staccato would 100% be a carry gun. First things I would order Trijicon RCR, adaptor plate and a milt sparks versa max 2 trimmed in shark as they are my personal favorite holsters.

It will take me longer to get the holster than the gun, Sparks current lead time is 40 weeks :/

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do the Staccato. You know you want it.

Also, where have you seen an RCR in stock? I've been looking since they were announced and not one has been in stock yet and nothing shows in stock on gun.deals either.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Do the Staccato. You know you want it.

Also, where have you seen an RCR in stock? I've been looking since they were announced and not one has been in stock yet and nothing shows in stock on gun.deals either.

Have not found one yet , that being said I have time. My holster won’t arrive for almost 40 weeks and the current staccato lead time is 3 months since I want to custom order it with a few options.

Think the CS is the direction I am going, I know I won’t be happy with an SP5 until I SBR it and I don’t want to mess with SBRs.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Have not found one yet , that being said I have time. My holster won’t arrive for almost 40 weeks and the current staccato lead time is 3 months since I want to custom order it with a few options.

Think the CS is the direction I am going, I know I won’t be happy with an SP5 until I SBR it and I don’t want to mess with SBRs.
    You can fast track your order with Staccato and you will get it 30 days from your order. It does cost an extra $275.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You can fast track your order with Staccato and you will get it 30 days from your order. It does cost an extra $275.

I know but it’s not worth it , my birthday is not until December and my P365X still works. I appreciate the heads up for people that might not be aware. I just really want the 3# tuned trigger and DLC barrel. The wait gives me time to stock up on magazines

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    Not discouraging you at all from getting an expensive gun, but really think about carrying that gun. If you ever had to defend yourself, the authorities take your gun until court is settled at a minimum. I carry good inexpensive guns that I wouldn’t feel as bad losing or someone not handling it with care. Keep your expensive or prized guns for the range and out of a holster to keep them pretty. Just my two cents

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Not discouraging you at all from getting an expensive gun, but really think about carrying that gun. If you ever had to defend yourself, the authorities take your gun until court is settled at a minimum. I carry good inexpensive guns that I wouldn’t feel as bad losing or someone not handling it with care. Keep your expensive or prized guns for the range and out of a holster to keep them pretty. Just my two cents
    That is true! Our department keeps our gun for the duration of the criminal and the civil trial if one is filed.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

If the CS is ever taken after an incident I would just go out and buy another TBH. My current plan is to carry that gun until I die essentially then let my kids fight over it :abused:. I enjoy carrying guns I personally enjoy makes it more “fun”. Kinda like wearing one of my nice Automatic watches, sure my Apple Watch does the same thing and more but it’s just not as cool to me.

Finally see my signature for how I generally operate.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Lol, you don't know Dean. Though I've never met him IRL I can tell you from interactions on here he's the kind of guy that wants the absolute best he can afford, and he typically can afford the very best. So why should he not buy and carry what makes him happy?

He and I have similar tastes but I have considerably less disposable income, lol. What with two kids and a mortgage and new truck payment I'm lucky to be able to afford ammo right now.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    My vote is for the CS. I bought one last year. Through an error in judgment, I sold it in January and have been regretting it. I actually shot it better than my 1911's - I think the straight trigger was the key. I plan to get another one a little later this year. My plan is to carry it. Next year or 2026, I will get a new C as well. I didn't find the CS to be particularly snappy. Definitely better than my 43X.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Lol, you don't know Dean. Though I've never met him IRL I can tell you from interactions on here he's the kind of guy that wants the absolute best he can afford, and he typically can afford the very best. So why should he not buy and carry what makes him happy?

He and I have similar tastes but I have considerably less disposable income, lol. What with two kids and a mortgage and new truck payment I'm lucky to be able to afford ammo right now.

It’s not that I have that much disposable income it’s just guns are my only hobby that really costs money so that’s where all my “fun money “ goes. I spend maybe $300~ a year on average on video games with the cost of the system factored in. :abused:

That and I 100% have an addictive personality so I know if I do something I have to go all in. It’s why I don’t drink and won’t touch drugs lol if I liked them it would be BAD.

Top Bottom