Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    Last edited:

STRIKER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    I personally would go with Stag, as they have a much better reputation.

And mine have worked flawlessly. With DPMS it's a lot of hit and miss.

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    If those are your only two options, then Stag.

However, for that price you can get any of several high quality uppers on the secondary market. If you need a bargain, Spike's is decent. Thanks to the way people over bought after the election and our slowing economy, you can probably get a BCM or Daniel Defense upper for that much or less on the secondary market.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    If those are your only two options, then Stag.

However, for that price you can get any of several high quality uppers on the secondary market. If you need a bargain, Spike's is decent. Thanks to the way people over bought after the election and our slowing economy, you can probably get a BCM or Daniel Defense upper for that much or less on the secondary market.

What is the secondary market? I've seen some bare bone DD uppers for around that price but then you have to buy the BCG and hand guards.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I'll be the disenting opinion. I had assembled a DPMS lower and I ordered the DPMS M4 upper this summer (I found one that was chrome lined). Accurate as nuts so far, and no problems at all right out of the box. Slapped it on the lower, sent a patch of Breakfree CLP down the bore, and shot the heck out of it. Still no problems 1000 rounds later.

That said, if I were in the market for another M4 style AR, the deal that Spike's currently has on their M4 LE model would be hard to pass up.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Stags are pretty much higher middle class in the AR world. So yeah I would go with the Stag. DPMSs are the middle class so to speak, but everybody has their own opinion.:patriot:

Top Bottom