• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Anybody know if there are local sources that have the stainless steel pellets to clean brass in a tumbler?

Thanks.

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I do not but I need some as well. Where are you located? I am looking for the pellets from either Pellets, LLC or Buffalo Arms. I am NE side of Indy. We could possibly work out something if you are close.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Get one of these, clean out the cage ever so often, and you will be in business! :):

jeff-koons-rabbit-newyorker.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    There is 3 of us. Yes. We built a huge tumbler. We are near crawfordsville
    How much brass do you tumble at one time to warrant a tumbler in the size range of 25-50 gallons?

I tumble several hundred .308 cases at one time in my 5 gallon tumbler. I can only imagine that a 50 gallon tumbler can handle several thousand at a time...

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Basically it runs 4 5 gal batches at one time. So we can clean 223, 9, 45 all at the same time. We got tired of wasting time with the small thumler tumbler and wanted to turn what would take several days of cleaning brass into just a few hours of work.

edistoriverrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Stainless media question

What is the purpose of the stainless media in a wet tumbler?
    I put about 200 to 250 9mm cases in a 1.5 quart juicy-juice jug, put two ounces of 100% lemon juice, two ounces of white vinagar, and one teaspoon of dishwasher soap, filled the jug 3/4 water, and put in my homemade tumbler for 4 hours. Then dried, put in corncob/polish media for another 4 hours. Some of this brass 40 pc. had been outside for over a year, and was tarnished black. Every piece is now shiny as new, and slick as eel poo, even the inside is clean enough tho not as shiny, pocket is shiny also. Someday I will have to put up a pic of my tumbler, its different, but it works for me.

Top Bottom