• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKapp85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Griffith, IN
    I was thinking the dull stainless steel slide on my Ruger p95 would look awesome polished and shiny. Any recommendations for whats best to use? I heard that Flitz metal polish and a mini polishing tool, like a dremmil tool, works really well, but Ive only heard that from one person. Any input would be appreciated.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Shiny looks pretty good in a display case, but it stinks for shooting outside. I had exactly one nickle plated 1911. Traded it right away,

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I polished my SR40C including the slide and barrel. I used 400 grit paper and went over it for about two or three minutes. Then used 1400 grit paper for another five minutes. Then 2000 grit paper for another ten minutes. Then I used mothers polishing compound and spent almost an hour polishing. I would be very careful using a dremel while sanding. I tried and almost ended up making it uneven. It takes a lot more time to do it by hand, but a lot less can go wrong. But I did use the dremel while polishing. Man what a difference.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've done mine with 600 grit sandpaper and RemOil. Once smooth, polish with Flitz. I prefer a nice smooth satin finish on my stainless guns. The factory finish usually looks rough, with sharp edges and some have heavy blasted areas that feel like crap and hold dirt. Be careful with a dremel. One slip and you can ding even stainless with no way to remove the damage. It's better to just do it by hand.

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    DONT DO IT.. lol... I have a glock 19 that is .. want to trade it for a black on...

PS: you site supporters that get off on correcting me all the time.. (you know who you are) Im not trying to buy or sell.... this is not the classifieds

JKapp85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Griffith, IN
    ive come to a conclusion... im going to polish it... starting with just the sides. i dont shoot outside very often, so after i do the sides, ill figure out if i want to do the rest. i wasnt planning on using the dremel for sanding, just finish polishing. im really good with paint and body work on vehicles, so i know how to sand and polish really well, i was just wondering what other people have in this instance. ive gotten some good advice, and i thank you all.

Top Bottom