• ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Depite Ind. law, shooting first is risky

The children's father, 26-year-old Christopher Ramirez, had been found shot dead in the driver's seat of a car Huerta had pursued while firing an AK-47 assault rifle. Hearing gunshots outside his East Chicago home, Huerta gave chase after emerging from his apartment to find his car riddled with bullet holes and set on fire.

The Huerta guys defense tried to use the "standing your ground" law to say it was alright for Huerta to shoot. I've always been told that even if you get beat up, then are finally able to draw when the assailant is running away, you are not allowed to shoot. Also was told to yell something at the person to get them to turn around and face you, then shoot since they 'might be coming back to harm you or even kill you this time'. Anyways, deadly force, in my opinion, shouldn't be used unless you are being physically threatened. If someone is trying to break into my car, I'll either go out with a baseball bat (firearm holstered on hip), or let the dumb@$$ take the POS.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Classic liberal bs, blame the no-retreat law as the reason some of these guys are getting shot. If some of these guys were not turds, they would not be getting shot. Most of the shooters don't care about the law anyway, so what if the defense attorney tries to use this as an excuse, heck they try any type of bs anyway.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Those familiar with Indiana's three-year-old "stand your ground" law

For the record, the Indiana Indiana Supreme Court eliminated the duty to retreat in 1865.

There has been no duty to retreat for 144 years.

3 years, 144 years, what's the difference to a journalist?:rolleyes:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For the record, the Indiana Indiana Supreme Court eliminated the duty to retreat in 1865.

There has been no duty to retreat for 144 years.

3 years, 144 years, what's the difference to a journalist?:rolleyes:

Sir, you cannot allow facts and logic to get in the way of journalism!

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i emailed the writer this morning after reading the article online complaining about the slant they take on stories like these. making all gun owners look like a vigalanty militia ready to shoot the next thing that moves. in my email i never even pointed out to her the relationship of the three stories she refered to. all three stories involved what one would believe to be thugs at any rate. one guys car gets shot up and set on fire, a man in a van in a harsh neighborhood in merrillville shoots a kid breaking in to cars and finally a crack addict beats his dealer to death. sound like the cream of the crop, average law-abiding citizen to me. more liberal BS from the times.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    In the OP case the guy wasn't on his property and shot at the fleeing vehicle. That's not self defense nor was it on his curtilage.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I just wish I could afford an "AK-47". Too bad they only allow us non-uniformed civilians AK copies which don't fire more than one round with a single pull of the trigger. How is it these "bad-guys" can get "AK-47s" but we can't.

Oh wait, it is the news media stretching the truth just a little to sensationalize their story.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Sounds like to me.

It sounds like to me one guy vandalized the other guy's unoccupied car by shooting it and then setting it on fire, then he tried to flee. The other guy chased him down and shot him. That doesn't sound like a self defense scenario to me.

Top Bottom