• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    All Six Star Wars Films To Be Re-Released In 3D

All Six Star Wars Films To Be Re-Released In 3D
    For whatever reason, dear George Lucas has supposedly decided to give his blessings on a plan to re-release all six Star Wars films in 3D according to a story by the Hollywood Reporter:

Part 1, "The Phantom Menace," would be first out of star-dock in the early months of 2012. After that, each of the films would be released in order at the same time each consecutive year, depending on how well the first re-release does.
    Each conversion takes at least a year to complete, with Lucas personally overseeing the process to make sure each one is as perfected as possible. Lucas has said that the "Avatar" experience convinced him that "Star Wars" was ready for the state-of-the-art 3D treatment.

The comments on that page cracked me up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    f-Mesa-called-JarJar-Binks-8521.jpg

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Welp that seals it.

I'm definitely pulling the trigger on the 65" 3D TV next year when it's released. I haven't decided whether I'm going to stick with Samsung (my current 1080p brand) or move back to the Sony brand (which is what is still in my spare room after 10 solid years of being my primary).

Going to have to see what the new sets have to offer after we close on the house!

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Release a ****ty movie. Everyone makes fun of it/hates it/wants their money back.
    Release 2 more ****ty movies. Only the last one is kinda okay.

Decide a couple years later that you hate everyone enough to allow the SAME ****ty movie to be rereleased. This time, in 3D, the most retarded gimmick since... well, 3D [in the 80's]

Maybe he's just mad that we all hated jar jar so much..

Hockey_Guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indy
    It does suck we have to pay to go see movies we've payed for already... But hell, if you don't want to pay, don't go. We should be thanking George Lucas for having interest in the story that has been his life. I for one will pay too see the movies in 3D, but for the same reason I saw the others multiple times, BECAUSE IT'S ONE OF, IF NOT THE BEST STORY'S OF ALL TIME! Admitedly I have read many books of a more mature Star Wars nature and it definitely helps to round out my interest in the Star Wars universe story arch, however where did it start. Now we have ILM talking about working some Star Wars material back onto the big screen and some people would complain? :cool: The 3-D movies are in my opinion lame, however hopefully what George meant by the Air bender comment was he knows he can do them right, so now he wants to do so. I thought "Alice and Wonderland" was a good 3-D flick, mainly had the 3-D effect on the environments to bring them to the foreground, unlike "Avatar" which featured massive amounts of 3-D projectiles. And the glasses suck.

SO releasing them in 3D helps the crappy story, how?

Star Wars: An American Mythology
    Star Wars: Beyond the Force

Top Bottom