• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • True Grit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Mishawaka
    What is everyone's opinion who has purchased Starline Brass? I've been hunting for some 45 ACP brass and come across them. Midway has them and Remington in stock. I'm not sure about Remington either.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    I have used starline brass for more years than I can remember. whenever I bought a new handgun I would buy 500 pieces of starline brass for it. have it in .45-10mm-44mag-9mm. never any problems with quality.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Starline brass out lasts any brass you can buy or find at the range period. Of course you have to buy it rather than pick it up off the ground. The upside though is you know what the brass will be for your loads since different brass loads and performs differently and you know you will get your money's worth from it. For me, Starline brass wears out in one way, the primer pocket gets too loose to hold a primer. You can swage that pocket to get a few more out of it after this but eventually it simply wears out. The sides don't split or crack though, at last in my experience and that says a lot about the durability of the product.

you can buy direct from Starline, that's what I do. Saves me money that way.
    Starline Brass - Maker of America's Finest Handgun Brass

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I have to agree with the other posters... Starline is good stuff, and relatively inexpensive for what you get, especially if you buy in bulk directly from them. It's all I use for 10mm.

True Grit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Starline brass out lasts any brass you can buy or find at the range period. Of course you have to buy it rather than pick it up off the ground. The upside though is you know what the brass will be for your loads since different brass loads and performs differently and you know you will get your money's worth from it. For me, Starline brass wears out in one way, the primer pocket gets too loose to hold a primer. You can swage that pocket to get a few more out of it after this but eventually it simply wears out. The sides don't split or crack though, at last in my experience and that says a lot about the durability of the product.

you can buy direct from Starline, that's what I do. Saves me money that way.
    Starline Brass - Maker of America's Finest Handgun Brass

Thank you and everyone else for the insight.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Star-Line is great brass......save your some cash and get some mixed stamped once fired for around 70 buc's 1k......you'll get 40 + reloads out of mixed before they split....:twocents:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I use 445 Super Mag brass for one of my wildcats and the stuff I got from Starline has been top-notch. In fact, I've never heard anyone have a bad thing to say about their brass.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Star-Line is great brass......save your some cash and get some mixed stamped once fired for around 70 buc's 1k......you'll get 40 + reloads out of mixed before they split....:twocents:

That !

Starline is great brass... It is all I buy in all the revolver calibers I load... Saying that though, I no longer buy any NEW brass in .45 ACP for (2) reasons... Once fired brass in .45 ACP lasts forever anyhow and it comes at a huge savings...

Second, if at the end of the day I am missing a hand full of once fired, I don't sweat it.... If it were to be new Starline, I wouldn't be able to walk away and would stay till I found it... There are times where time is money... Reloading itself, IMO, isn't one of them, but I do not want to spend my time on my hands and knees looking for every last piece of brass.

cl4p-tp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Kokomo
    Starline make great brass, expensive but good. I wouldn't buy it for a 45 though, 45 brass lasts forever so why buy the expensive brass when range pick ups will last forever anyways?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Starline is my first choice in all of my handgun brass. I know that 45ACP brass seems to last forever, but like in any auto, you tend to loose a few pieces when you shoot, damaged brass ect. As far as price goes, I think Starline tends to run a little cheaper than the other new manufactured brass, but the quality is always first rate.

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have used Starline brass for many years. I agree with all the other posters that it is excellent brass. I have never had a single complaint against it.

Best wishes,
    Tom

Top Bottom