• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I just heard on NBC Nightly News that many of the fires out west in Colorado and other states are being blamed on shooters. Is this is even physically possible? I'd guess your muzzle flash could probably start a fire but I don't think they are laying prone in the dry brush in CO. Shooting is being banned according the news report.

Possible or liberal nonsense?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    One fire out in CO was caused by gunfire, the guy that did it was the one that called 911. I think most fires are still caused by lightning strikes but there is no one to blame when it is lightning.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    This was one of ranges in Cuba one day after shooting the .50 with tracers. After that we had to go through and de-link all the tracers. That sucked, it was even worse when we had to do it for the SAW's.

5689_1055961334232_4588348_n.jpg

My buddy made the pic.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The guy at the bachelor party was firing something similar to a dragon's breath incendiary that's meant to set stuff on fire. Yeah, tracers can when it's really dry, but when you're flinging napalm around, you should kind of expect some fire.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just heard on NBC Nightly News that many of the fires out west in Colorado and other states are being blamed on shooters. Is this is even physically possible?

It is possible and there are dickheads out there shooting in these conditions, on public land, using their property as a weapon against everyone.

Possible or liberal nonsense?

Just because people are shooting does not mean they are thinking beyond their next beer.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Def possible to set dry brush on fire by shooting. I'm not going to sit here and blame everything on the liberal nonsense, but you know as well as I do that they're going to run with this and blow it out of proportion. And like Kirk said, just because they're shooting doesn't mean that they're not idiots.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    It is possible and because of our extreme drought and heat for an extended period, our gun club has shut down our range due to the risk of starting a fire. Just this week, there was a 550 acre brush fire not 10 miles from my house so the risk is extreme in some areas of the country. It was such a rare Independence Day this year with no fireworks as police were arresting anyone shooting them and charging them with felony mischief.

Top Bottom