• ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Joe Manchin: Time to act on guns

"A" rating from the NRA btw. If people in the House start getting this same mindset, we're boned. The way I see it, there are a two different ways this plays out.

(a) Fight any attempt at additional regulations. If our side doesn't win, though, it will be likely be seen and played out in the media as a catastrophic blow to the NRA's power and influence. I see this as all or nothing proposition right now with the emotions involved.

(b) Come to the table with some sort of measures to mitigate (can't ever prevent) this sort of thing from happening. Whether that's making the instant background check available to anyone instead of FFL's or whatever, do something to prevent a ban list and wait for hopefully cooler heads to prevail later. Think of this as the tactical retreat option.

All 435 seats in the House are up in 2014, and you know the left isn't above using this sort of event to it's full political advantage. Lots of people voted for Mitt on the sole basis that while he wasn't perfect, he was at least a stopgap measure until we could get someone better. As much as I hate to say it, I'm betting at this point we're going to have to come with something just to combat the raw emotions involved with this tragedy.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    (c) Attack the no guns in school law that made this possible.

Even if it was overturned, do you think they would anybody outside of teachers and administrators carry on school grounds? Democrat logic would say "We let teachers and principals carry now, so we still don't really we don't need to let YOU carry on school grounds."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Peoples' well of emotion is not bottomless. We, as a country, will soon move in to Christmas and then the next earthquake or political scandal. That's why it's important for the anti's to strike now. They know we'll soon lose interest. We just have to weather this storm.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    “I don’t know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle,” Manchin told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” ”I don’t know anyone that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about.”

NRA really vetted him hard before giving him their "A" rating, huh? Now the anti-gunners can slap us around with this. This was the first thing I heard when I turned on the radio this morning: NRA members want gun control.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Guess he thinks 2A is about hunting. I want to see the NRA reaction to this. Another reason why I loathe the Dems.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    NRA really vetted him hard before giving him their "A" rating, huh? Now the anti-gunners can slap us around with this. This was the first thing I heard when I turned on the radio this morning: NRA members want gun control.

Lets hope the good people in WV get busy and reign in Manchin before he helps to do something we all regret.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Next up, Romney advisers want gun control. :coffee:

Mark DeMoss, former Romney adviser: "Break ranks" on gun control
    “I’m a conservative and a Republican, and I believe in the Constitution and all of the amendments. But the reality is, there are restrictions on lots of our freedoms,” DeMoss said. “We cherish the freedom of speech, but it doesn’t give you the right to yell ‘fire’ in a crowded theater.”

DeMoss continued: “I have trouble defending a position that says there should be no restrictions on any guns or ammunition, and this slippery slope argument that if you allow the slightest bit of [gun] control, then that’s the start of taking away all our freedoms.

“Somebody’s got to break ranks on one side or the other, it seems to me, and talk in a rational and thoughtful way, which will probably come with great risk to whoever does that,” he said. “I imagine a Republican who speaks on this will probably be opposed in their next election.”

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Maybe the NRA should take a lesson from the Black Americans and have a million gun march on Washington, Peaceful of course.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Maybe the NRA should take a lesson from the Black Americans and have a million gun march on Washington, Peaceful of course.
    Been there, done that. It was a wash. No-one was interested and the people who did have guns had to stay in Virginia at Gravelly Point Park. The NRA wasn't a big supporter of it, either.

Take a gun into DC from outside the city and you'll get to see what the inside of the DC jail looks like.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    One curious fact emerges from all of the debate over the RTKBA.
    No where in the Constitution is it mentioned that Americans shall have the right to ingest certain chemicals.
    It's a fact that every killer has, within 24 hours of committing their crime, ingested Hydric Acid.
    User:Buffs/Hydric Acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This insidious chemical is directly, and indirectly, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of humans over the centuries.
    In fact The Bible claims that all living things, save a few chosen ones, were wiped out by this known hazardous substance.
    I say we ban this dangerous chemical!!
    (It's for the children.)

The above is tongue in cheek but points out the absurdity of blaming an inanimate object for the deaths of humans.
    None the less the Liberal cretins will claim that without firearms the US would be a Utopia. :rolleyes:
    If we ban everything that is dangerous we'd all be naked, standing in an open field, waiting to starve to death or die of thirst.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What's GJ and his advisers saying?

(Since we're talking about things that matte a hill of beans to the current situation)
    If one of Johnson's advisers take that position, you can guarantee it will be made into a headline.

And I say that this does matter, because look how its being used against us. That's what happens when NRA flippantly gives "A" ratings, and Obama's opponent staffs his team with anti-gunners. It hurts us.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Peoples' well of emotion is not bottomless. We, as a country, will soon move in to Christmas and then the next earthquake or political scandal. That's why it's important for the anti's to strike now. They know we'll soon lose interest. We just have to weather this storm.

I really hope that's how this plays out. Is it wrong of me to hope for another sports-related molestation scandal? :):

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Been there, done that. It was a wash. No-one was interested and the people who did have guns had to stay in Virginia at Gravelly Point Park. The NRA wasn't a big supporter of it, either.

Take a gun into DC from outside the city and you'll get to see what the inside of the DC jail looks like.

That is because the NRA mostly only cares about how much $$$ they bring in. That should be fairly obvious by the fact they're willing and ready to compromise and back anti-2A politicians with solid A ratings.

Top Bottom