• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    If what you're wanting is so rare, why don't you find it, and have your LGS do the transfer? The employees probably have more profitable things to do than be your bloodhound, for no more profit margin than Bob's shop puts on an item.

Since the advent of the innertubes, when any store gives the, "We don't carry that, but we can order it for you", I have to chuckle on the inside. I can probably find someplace to order anything online, cheaper than at a local store. If I go to a store for something, it's because I don't want to wait, and I'm willing to pay a premium for that convenience.

It wasn't anymore rare than a Glock. I just like to support the local guy and give them a chance before I go online.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    The people in Avon were very friendly to me when I was in there last week, even after I told them I was just window shopping, looking to see what was in the case.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well it's in Plainfield. Bet you can't guess.

AS much as we like the store you are not mentioning I would take the money to Bradis. They will help you if it is at all possible.

What are you attempting to buy????

I always get service as best they can give me with the number of people they deal with. Owner gives me good trade price (best in the area. Most others blow) but they are stormed right now. No one is really putting orders in. Sign of the times.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    With all the shops you have around Indy and such a short drive why not move your business to another shop. Simple as that. I have 3 shops I use and all around 30 plus minute drive. I have one really close but rarely buy from them.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I personally go to several different shops and never buy at the same one consistently more than anthother one. i always make my rounds through the 4 that are relativly close to me and then make my call. i guess im just trying to say i dont have an allegiance to one shop. There are plenty of LGS in central indiana to help you, but being the current conditions its a tough bet. prob just better to wait a bit.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    When you say Plainfield if it's who I think you are referring too..those guy's are a bunch of ********. Or at least that's the impression I got when trying to deal with them at the Indy 1500 a couple of years ago.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I bought a gun from them at the 1500 last year and found them very helpful. I have not been to the actual shop, however I do plan to at some point.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Availability is part of the problem. I have seen Bob shake down every supplier he does business with trying to find a gun that he expects to be able to find. If it isn't there to be had, not so much.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Well unfortunately this shop has burnt it's last bridge with me for some of the reasons listed above as well as others. It is a shame as I go by there 3-4 times a week and used to stop in and buy something almost every time. I've bought several guns from Bob but that was in the past. Oh well...lots of others to choose from.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is hard to beat Bobs prices. Even Bradis is a few bucks more and they are fair on most everything.
    This is no knock on Bradis just a point in fact that I have seen directly.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The same store that was refusing to sell to there regulars the inventory they were holding for the 1500. And the same store that had a price tag of 100.00 per pmag when the doors opened friday at the 1500. Then dropped it to 35 on sunday because they knew darn good and well no one was paying 100.00 when they were everywhere else for 35-40. Buy where you wanna but they wont see any of my $$$$$

cheryl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    West Central Indiana
    As a customer, I would be demanding to see the owner for an explanation. If I was the business owner, I would be grateful to a customer who pointed out such rude and shoddy service from one of my soon-to-be-former employees.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    WTF??? I love that place! I like the old guys hanging out getting in the way blocking the cases and the dirty ashtrays. He even has benches for them to sit in when it gets really busy. At least the young punks working there are being brought up right.

Lowest price and bad customer service don't need to be mutually exclusive.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Only once has Bob been willing to call suppliers and see if he could get a gun for me. Other than that he always says its up to the suppliers as to what they send him. I don't shop there much anymore. Partly because of that and he is high on everything else. I go to Bradis and haven't had to order anything because they had it up until now, but that not their fault.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    3 of us stopped at our "local"gun shop in Anderson-------he had more customers than firearms-----------no .22s(unless you were interested in blanks,or bird shot)maybe 5/7 handguns------6/8 long guns

Without ammo--they make interesting paperweights

tallend

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only once has Bob been willing to call suppliers and see if he could get a gun for me. Other than that he always says its up to the suppliers as to what they send him. I don't shop there much anymore. Partly because of that and he is high on everything else. I go to Bradis and haven't had to order anything because they had it up until now, but that not their fault.

Are we talking about the same Bob. The PSS Bob. His 1911 prices are lower than any LGS I go into and I get into a few. I have bought at least 4 from him in the last 12 months, maybe 5. Not sure about everything else but he has sold me 2 930 Mossbergs and they were the best prices I could find.

Bradis is close on a lot but of late they have pushed the prices up for reasons they have stated in threads in this forum. Not much but noticeable. I still go in there but they have not had the items I seek and that is in no way their fault.

You can not please everyone all the time. Bob and his people are short on time due to the number of customers they run through the doors. They have held guns for me until I can get there and I am no one special to them. Just saying. I am cool with both stores. Just hope B II gets some ammo in soon.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I can't say i've ever had a problem at PSS. It did take an inordinate amount of time to get some magpul stuff the other day when they weren't even busy but Bob finally helped me. Doesn't a son work there? It would be my guess if there is someone there acting like an a** it is probably him. In small business it always seems like the entitled son doesn't give a hoot how they act. Of course you get what you pay for too, a small business like a gun store is never going to be able to offer that attractive of a wage, people either work there because it's a job or they really like the shooting sports and guns. The only one that gets rich working at a gun store is the owner, why do you think Bob's so happy all the time :)

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Both times that I have asked Bob if he could order something he immediately gave me a price. Once in person and once on the phone, the time on the phone was with one of his employees, but he was getting his numbers from Bob. He probably knows my face, but other than that he doesn't know me from Adam.

At this time, I'd venture a guess that if the distributor doesn't have it and doesn't know when they'll get it, they won't even accept the dealer's order.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom