• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Yes it is still a place where the bad guys don't have to worry about anyone shooting back, except police officers that is.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll stick to the county fairs again this year. Much more fun, and usually in nicer parts of "town".

Not only does Ursey have a lot of pull in this town, but whoever used to be on the State Fair Board had the same clout "back in the day".

Oh, and you still can't carry DURING the fair. I wouldn't lock it in your car, either, since there is ZERO security in the lots and the smash-n-grabbers know that.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'll stick to the county fairs again this year. Much more fun, and usually in nicer parts of "town".

Not only does Ursey have a lot of pull in this town, but whoever used to be on the State Fair Board had the same clout "back in the day".

Oh, and you still can't carry DURING the fair. I wouldn't lock it in your car, either, since there is ZERO security in the lots and the smash-n-grabbers know that.

That's what we've been doing for years... you get the same fair experience, only less people, better neighborhood, and you can still carry.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Does anyone know if the new laws passed cover the State Fair?
    They do not change anything for the State Fair. They still have a rule against it. Breaking it means your gun can be confiscated and you can be ejected from the property. Same with knives, OC spray, and stun guns, by the way.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does anyone know if the new laws passed cover the State Fair?

The Indiana State Fair grounds during the Indiana State Fair is still off-limits to firearms. The new laws prohibit local governments (ie. anyone under Indiana State but NOT Indiana State (itself) from making rules that prohibit guns. Since the State of Indiana runs the Indiana State Fair the new law does not apply to them. :)

Top Bottom