• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Perpich--the NG was under Title 10 orders. The United States Supreme Court holds, 9-0, that the National Guard is part of the federal army, not a state army.

Yes, but the OP wanted to create a state militia, with tanks and frigates and what not.

I asked him to show his math for this massive outlay of other people's money.

There is MUCH a state can do to create the "seed bed" of the right to keep and bear arms without courting bankruptcy: tax incentives for training, tax deductions for ammo, mandating gun classes in schools, inter alia.

yes under title 10 order yes the guard are federal troops . but not title 32 and unlees they have title 10 order they are not federal US troops and are not paid buy federal money unless under title 10

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    yes under title 10 order yes the guard are federal troops . but not tile 32 and unlees they have title 10 order they are not federal US troops and are not paid buy federal money unless under title 10

Ok, ok, let me phrase it this way, see if this helps, under the Constitution and Perpich, the federal government has supreme control over the National Guard.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Gosh such stories of the Guard experiences in our country. Almost sounds like it was in a third world country. Wait. Where did Hurricane Andrew hit? Oh I remember now.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Ok, ok, let me phrase it this way, see if this helps, under the Constitution and Perpich, the federal government has supreme control over the National Guard.

lol ...... which can only happen under Posse Comitatus and National Guard of the United States under title 10 order . Guardsman, except when in an Active Duty for Training status, are governed under the provisions of Title 32 United States Code. They have two Commander-in-Chiefs, the President and the Governor of their respective state. The training, which are conducted during their Individual Duty Training (IDT) weekends and during Annual Training are prescribed by their Federal mission, with one exception, National Guard units are required to complete a prescribed period of Civil Disturbance Training. Some of the other aspects of this training included the Federal Torts Claim Act, Rules of Engagement, and Procedures on the Processing of Individuals Detained. In Title 32 Status, members of the National Guard are permitted to serve as law enforcement role in their respective states; if Federalized, and brought to Active Duty under the authority of Title 10, they are not permitted to serve in a law enforcement role.

This is the duality of their Constitutional Roles, in Title 32 they are serving in the Organized State Militias of their respective states not in Federal Service; in Title 10 they are serving in Federal Service in their role as a member of the Reserve Components of either United States Army or United States Air Force.

*(If your saying who top dog yes it would be the federal government under martial law the president can federal (title 10 )all guard units in all states if he felt it was warranted )

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, and Perpich recognizes this duality (first page of the opinion). But, if the federal government is supreme, then ultimately the National Guard does not belong to the state.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So...we're like completely off topic now. Anyone want to discuss the state militia concept? Maybe start a thread on Title 10 vs Title 32 status?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If you dont know what I mean by immigrants then you need to spend more time out of your bunker. Spend some time in Southern Florida. Mainly Miami/Dade County. I did. Lived there for 5 years. You will know what this country is going to be like in the very near future. You will need to learn Spanish and Gang Lingo. They already tried a bill to change the official language there to Spanish. The whole area is a sh**hole and is ever expanding. I am "afraid" the Federal Government is going to continue to take your rights away and continue to run this country into the ground. You are confused my friend.
    What do immigrants have to do with any of this? What, are you waiting for the day the militia is called up to perpetrate genocide upon hispanics? Or do you want a militia so we can call martial law to issue summary executions upon Latino gangs? You're really confusing me pal, and I see an imminent banhammering in your future.

The idea of a state militia is something worthy of discussion. I'm just really confused as to what immigrants have to do with any of it.

If you take an old-school view of it we are all part of the militia and should take it upon ourselves to arm and train ourselves. The only thing that really needs to be done it to set up a system for which the militia could be called up and familiarize the population with what exactly a militia is. That wouldn't be a very expensive project. Private entities such as the Project Appleseed are trying to create a nation of trained riflemen. The Civilian Marksmanship Program also was created with similar goals in mind. The ability to create the militia is already there. There just isn't an effective system for mobilizing them, and knowledge of the militia system in the United States is severely lacking in the common populace.

I could see local militias, perhaps county-wide, being organized very much like a volunteer fire department would be.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    immigrants.jpg

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Only if you tell me how you are funding it.:D

Show your work here=>______.

We could send a "tax" bill to States like Illinois when their criminals export crime to our state.

We could take the confiscated marijuana crops and instead of burning them sell them to states like Colorado.

We could designate a portion of lottery funds or designate proceeds from a separate lottery/scratch off (The Hoosier Millitia Scatch and Win)

Go fund me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You read the bill I posted earlier? Self funded mostly?

Look, your posted bill was sane and measured, and thus has no place on INGO! I say good day to you, sir. Good day!

Indiana needs AC-130s so we can protect ourselves from 17 year olds who want to wash dishes in Indianapolis. This. Ends. Here.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you take an old-school view of it we are all part of the militia and should take it upon ourselves to arm and train ourselves. The only thing that really needs to be done it to set up a system for which the militia could be called up and familiarize the population with what exactly a militia is. That wouldn't be a very expensive project. Private entities such as the Project Appleseed are trying to create a nation of trained riflemen. The Civilian Marksmanship Program also was created with similar goals in mind. The ability to create the militia is already there. There just isn't an effective system for mobilizing them, and knowledge of the militia system in the United States is severely lacking in the common populace.

I could see local militias, perhaps county-wide, being organized very much like a volunteer fire department would be.

THIS is what I'm talking about...

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Maybe a tax rebate if you buy the Hoosier Millita Approved Rifle Variant.

Just to assist in the standardization. Buy a ar15/m16, rem 700, 1911, etc etc get to claim it (one credit per person, per type) on your taxes as a deduction.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Look, your posted bill was sane and measured, and thus has no place on INGO! I say good day to you, sir. Good day!

Indiana needs AC-130s so we can protect ourselves from 17 year olds who want to wash dishes in Indianapolis. This. Ends. Here.

Ah...I just stepped over to your side of the stage and see what you are saying. I completely agree that I am out of order. Carry on...:alcoholic:I know I will...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Maybe a tax rebate if you buy the Hoosier Millita Approved Rifle Variant.

Just to assist in the standardization. Buy a ar15/m16, rem 700, 1911, etc etc get to claim it (one credit per person, per type) on your taxes as a deduction.

This is initially what I proposed to my rep. A tax abatement for approved firearms acquisition in support of the state.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    THIS is what I'm talking about...

A militia that arms and trains itself would pose a problem to a professional army for about 10 minutes.... 10 sec if it's US force. The best chance for an insurgency force in the modern world, when taking on a national govt, is to sway a large portion of the military to your side. This ain't 1776. Modern militaries, even outside of the US are the real deal.

Top Bottom