• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    Hey how'd you all like the "State of Agenda Address". Started off like a campaign re-election speech. Ended with him playing on people's emotions. Anyone else notice the careful selection of guests he selected and that the cameraman kept panning to. What a joke!! :rolleyes:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Every now and then I would switch to it just to see what was happening. However, it really bothers me to see all of those so called "leaders" patting themselves on the back, smiling and laughing when they have nothing to be proud about unless they are taking pleasure in destroying our nation. It sickens me just to hear our president speak. I have never been affected to this extent by any other president.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I didnt want to rip my tv off the wall and break it because I have uverse being installed friday, so I coulnt watch him. T - 3.5 and counting...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The president is a liar. And not even a very good one. Why waste time listening to a liar speak.

For the record he lies to his own people just as often as he lies to his opposition. Just all lies all the time.

AlphaSig112

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Lawrence
    Actions speak louder than words. His actions clearly show him as an agent of deception and a power hungry and tyrannical demagogue. He will only be stopped when the states stand together to oppose him. The majority of people are too ignorant to realize that he likens himself to Lincoln who exercised the largest federal power grab in this nations history. I understand the cause of Lincolns grab to preserve the union and abolish slavery but understand that southerners to a great degree saw slaves as property. Property that the federal government was out to confiscate. I am not a supporter of the subjugation of a people or of slavery but if you apply similar logic to guns, land, homes, cars, farms, and all other property; government is trying to do is the same basic thing. They will tell you what they will allow you to own and claim it is common sense. We are not fighting to put down a fellow man or keep slaves. We are fighting now for freedoms guaranteed to us by the BOR. I see no common sense in disarming or allowing the government to take this first step to reward based on need as opposed to desire.

To finish, I have a very good business partner in South Africa who has applied for a permit to own a gun for 8 years and has been denied on basis of lack of need. He has been denied every year due to the government not allowing him to have the right to own a gun. I refuse to allow the government to grant me the right to exercise a right guaranteed in the constitution. I abide by the law because I am morally obligated to do so at this point and we have not degraded to a level of government determining need. I only fear that we are moving closer to this state of licensing citizens to exercise their rights.

I have the right to know what I am being accused of at the time of my arrest and I shall not be held without due process.

I have the right to speak freely and practice my religion without government interference.

I have the right to keep and bare arms that are in common use at this time for any and all lawful purposes.

I quarter no one within my house or on my property without my express permission.

I have the right to be secure within the confines of my house that my property will not be seized or searched without cause.

I have the right to life, liberty and property as long as I am not found in violation of the law. I have the right to refuse to testify as a witness against myself.

I have the right to a public trial, to know what I am accused of and to face my accuser in criminal cases.

I have the right to a jury trial in civil cases.

I have the right to reasonable bail and fair treatment without cruel or unusual punishment.

The bill of rights does not limit the rights I have. It merely protects them from government.

I have the right to live in a free state which protects my remaining rights against those who would venture to strip me of life or liberty.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The man on TV last night doesn't know how to lead, just campaign. He has been campaigning now for over 5 years. Reports were right after the speech, he left to campaign for the items in his speech. Most were same old same old, more government is what is needed to solve all the problems.

About the only good in the State of the Union Address is the campaigner in chief never used the words "assault weapon".

Top Bottom