• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    first and foremost, thanks to everyone who has stopped by, called, pm'd, emailed, or smoke signalled! we appreciate it!

this summer has been a busy one! our third child was born on 8-24-12. Callen John was 8lbs1oz and 21" long. my wife did fantastic, as normal, and both baby and mommy are happy and healthy!

with all the excitement leading up to our last (planned!) kid, its been a slow summer in the shop! i managed to send out a huge box to heat treat a few weeks ago! some VERY cool knives should come out of that batch! i hope! LOL!

the big surprise was a sheet i proccessed of A2 that turned out to be 3V! a bit sad, as i want to do a 25 pieces run of 3V tantos. but i didn't know that i had any 3V! so i made a mismash of different blades out of it! :( but oh well. these knives contain some prototypes of another batch i hope to make. and some HUGE choppers that will rule the world. so i guess that is good.... :D

the 3V tantos will be a project for later in the year! probly around thanksgiving. WITH a run of axes/tomahawks in 1095. i REALLY want to split my time in half. half large batch work, with waterjetted profiles 25 at a time, and the other half, one at a time types.

folders: off the table until i buy two new mini drill presses, as mine is current TU and my large press does not go small enough for the bits required. :(

GRIND IN:

yes. still going to happen. my goal is to get a sheet of 1095 waterjetted and heat treated. that way, everyone can LEAVE with a knife they worked on. this will be the most effective and fun way, i believe. so everyone gets to take part. the only down fall: it won't be a different design for everyone. some modifications can be made, but to make it logistically possible for everyone to take part, the pattern must be done and heat treated prior to the event.

so. in closing, i would like to thank everyone for taking part in The Cutting Edge, here on INGO. it has come a long, long way from when there wasn't even a Cutting Edge section! i think the amount of people who participate is fantastic! and the people who have traveled the road from complete novice to educated is something that makes my very, very happy! the experts, testers, collectors, makers, vendors, and spectators all do a great job of presenting each side of the coin, in almost any and all threads! GREAT JOB, everyone!

thank you!

joe

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Congratulations on your new baby Joe. :D

Yes the cutting edge is a plus for INGO for sure. It does bring some fresh ideas to the table. There are so many different knives out there and it is a nice treat for the members to see how different knives can be used no matter the cost or the manufacturer. The cutting edge does seem to get a lot more action than in the past which shows growth and interest. Everyone may not always agree with each other but what they all can agree with is a knife is just as important on a daily basis as any other tool.
    So on that note let's keep learning from each other and support our cutting edge.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Congrats again on the new kid!

I'm all about the grind-in if you'll allow me to participate. Any help I can get in not ruining a piece of steel would be awesome. :laugh:

Did you say hawks? :drool: (that's not really he right drool icon, but I have soft spot for them)

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Congrats again on the new kid!

I'm all about the grind-in if you'll allow me to participate. Any help I can get in not ruining a piece of steel would be awesome. :laugh:

Did you say hawks? :drool: (that's not really he right drool icon, but I have soft spot for them)

everyone is welcome!

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Joe
    Whats wrong with the small drill press? I will be Sunday after I get done with my corrections gig sometime after 1

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Joe
    Whats wrong with the small drill press? I will be Sunday after I get done with my corrections gig sometime after 1

broken work rest. i need to chop the base down, and make it a 1 job tool. and buy 3 more small ones!!! lol!

i got my knives back from heat treat today!!!! whoooot! :patriot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    broken work rest. i need to chop the base down, and make it a 1 job tool. and buy 3 more small ones!!! lol!

i got my knives back from heat treat today!!!! whoooot! :patriot:

That's some exciting news! I hope your projects turn out how you envisioned them.

Top Bottom