• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Interesting...and a slight derail here. I noticed a wall full of trade in FN 40 cals at Blythe's in Griffith the other day. Thought to myself, "Self, what dept. would issue FNX pistols in .40?"

Well, I hope the gun serves you guys and the rest of the ISP well! We can argue about makes and calibers all day long, and that makes for a fun banter on the forums, but in the end, we can all agree that the 2nd Amendment shall not be infringed and that we want those putting their asses on the line to get home to their families safely!

:+1:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Glock's been their own worst enemy. When you won't even acknowledge that there's any sort of problem and ignore it, you'll eventually have your business hurt by it!

Perhaps it's because Gaston has been busy with a divorce and the rigers of marrage to a hammer that is like 50 years younger than him and it has trickled down to and effected the buisness!:rolleyes:

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Interesting...and a slight derail here. I noticed a wall full of trade in FN 40 cals at Blythe's in Griffith the other day. Thought to myself, "Self, what dept. would issue FNX pistols in .40?"

Well, I hope the gun serves you guys and the rest of the ISP well! We can argue about makes and calibers all day long, and that makes for a fun banter on the forums, but in the end, we can all agree that the 2nd Amendment shall not be infringed and that we want those putting their asses on the line to get home to their families safely!

Well said!

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Gen 4 glocks have really hurt the glock name.

Not with me, they haven't. I think the Gen 4 pistols are a nice improvement over the Gen 3 models, at least in .40 caliber. Better grip texture, smaller grip circumference, larger mag release. Hundreds of rounds through my G23 and G35 with no hiccups. I understand that there was a problem with the 9mm models at release, but Glock has replaced recoil spring assemblies in those.

I've had to send 2 M&Ps back for repairs (one 40, one 45) for various issues. I've never had to send a Glock back for anything. I think production runs get goofed up every now and again, resulting in the problems seen with ISP and others, but the basic design is sound and proven.

Interesting that ISP is going with a hammer fired FN pistol. You'd think they'd go with the striker fired FNS series.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Not with me, they haven't. I think the Gen 4 pistols are a nice improvement over the Gen 3 models, at least in .40 caliber. Better grip texture, smaller grip circumference, larger mag release. Hundreds of rounds through my G23 and G35 with no hiccups. I understand that there was a problem with the 9mm models at release, but Glock has replaced recoil spring assemblies in those.

I've had to send 2 M&Ps back for repairs (one 40, one 45) for various issues. I've never had to send a Glock back for anything. I think production runs get goofed up every now and again, resulting in the problems seen with ISP and others, but the basic design is sound and proven.

Interesting that ISP is going with a hammer fired FN pistol. You'd think they'd go with the striker fired FNS series.

ISP had problems with the 3rd Gen G22's (they had to be returned) then the 4th Gen G17s, which prompted the change to the 4th Gen G21's, which have been plagued with problems which prompted the switch to the FNX 45's. Not to mention the problems that the Illinois State Police had with their 3rd Gen G22's. Hardly "sound and proven" in my book!

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    ISP had problems with the 3rd Gen G22's (they had to be returned) then the 4th Gen G17s, which prompted the change to the 4th Gen G21's, which have been plagued with problems which prompted the switch to the FNX 45's. Not to mention the problems that the Illinois State Police had with their 3rd Gen G22's. Hardly "sound and proven" in my book!

Yet other departments have zero issues with the same pistols. :dunno:

The basic design is sound and proven. Millions of Glocks are in service and have performed reliably and without fail with thousands of rounds down the pipe. There have been some recent issues, true, but it's a case of Glock screwing up a proven design by tweaking the tolerances. I guess nobody ever taught Gaston, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The new texture, smaller grip and large mag release would have been sufficient upgrades. I don't see why they had to muck with the extractors and guide rods. Things have been working fine for years now.

Same goes for Sigs. To hell and back reliability for years, then downhill in the last few years. The basic design is sound. Screwing with it is just asking for problems.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've heard that they're having family issues! LOL!

Gaston had a small stroke in 08 and was hosptitalized for a little bit. He ended up throwing his wife of like 50 years out married his nurse who is 33 years old and cut his children from the the Glock buisness.

If I did that along with most of the married fellows here we all would have family trouble too and none of us here (that I know of) have anything close to a bilion dollar buisness.

Mac-1917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Has any LEO agencies actually issued the FNX yet?

My experience with the one I purchased to me would make it unsuited for a duty weapon. Ambi mag release (unless a duty holster protects this) caused the mag to dump on me from an IWB and OWB holsters. The safety is in the way of my thumb if I grip it like a glock and also caused an interesting malfunction in which the slide returns to battery with the hammer down and the trigger did not reset so couldn't DA and had to rack the slide and eject a fresh round to clear it. Was unable to get this malfunction while firing one handed.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Yet other departments have zero issues with the same pistols. :dunno:

The basic design is sound and proven. Millions of Glocks are in service and have performed reliably and without fail with thousands of rounds down the pipe. There have been some recent issues, true, but it's a case of Glock screwing up a proven design by tweaking the tolerances. I guess nobody ever taught Gaston, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The new texture, smaller grip and large mag release would have been sufficient upgrades. I don't see why they had to muck with the extractors and guide rods. Things have been working fine for years now.

Same goes for Sigs. To hell and back reliability for years, then downhill in the last few years. The basic design is sound. Screwing with it is just asking for problems.

I'll agree on the "If it's not broke, don't fix it." They should have left well enough alone!

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Gaston had a small stroke in 08 and was hosptitalized for a little bit. He ended up throwing his wife of like 50 years out married his nurse who is 33 years old and cut his children from the the Glock buisness.

If I did that along with most of the married fellows here we all would have family trouble too and none of us here (that I know of) have anything close to a bilion dollar buisness.

Sounds like at soap opra!

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Has any LEO agencies actually issued the FNX yet?

My experience with the one I purchased to me would make it unsuited for a duty weapon. Ambi mag release (unless a duty holster protects this) caused the mag to dump on me from an IWB and OWB holsters. The safety is in the way of my thumb if I grip it like a glock and also caused an interesting malfunction in which the slide returns to battery with the hammer down and the trigger did not reset so couldn't DA and had to rack the slide and eject a fresh round to clear it. Was unable to get this malfunction while firing one handed.

Not sure about the mag release issue, but the ISP FNX 45's will be a decocker only, no manual safety.

Mac-1917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Not sure about the mag release issue, but the ISP FNX 45's will be a decocker only, no manual safety.

Yeah but the decocker lever is the same as the safety. So it will still be in the way when you grip. I think they are wasting money if they go this route. Regardless my experience with the FNX is that it is a range only firearm.

Top Bottom