• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Why is it not a legal form of protest? Because private property? Nobody said they were making a disturbance. They could be standing quietly in the corner with a banner, I don't have to let them. But on public property, I do.

You can, and that's the meat of the issue, not a strawman. You don't have to be making a disturbance, you have no right to protest, to assemble, etc on property controlled by someone else. You can't be trespassed from a public place without a court becoming involved. Witness the court orders issued to clear out homeless camps under overpasses. I can implement a dress code for my Tasteful Nudes of INGO event on my own whim, I cannot implement a dress code for a sidewalk except via the law (such as public nudity).

So, no, the actual strawman is if carrying a gun is a disturbance. It's irrelevant. No disturbance is required, and civil rights do not enjoy the same level of protection on private property, permanent or temporary, as they do on public property. And it's a sliding scale, your house is not treated the same as the mall is not treated the same as a city park.

When and where and will there be hawt wimmins? :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have no answer for you. I still do not believe that public property should be made a GFZ.

Top Bottom