• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I love this idea, but since it makes sense other politicians won't support it. They want a scapegoat and to most of them that would be those evil guns that shoot without any human intervention. Then they can enact some sort of feel-good legislation and say that "it's for the kids" when election time rolls around.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    +1 for Jim Tomes

Who's lining up against it? The ISTA... predictably. "We don't think that the proliferation of guns in the classroom is in the best interest of students". What about those that we killed due to the stupid policies???
    All of you who listened to the ISTA and voted for their candidate (Glenda Ritz) just because you hated the other guy, are you still sure that it was a good idea?

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    :+1: Teachers need to have the ability to defend their students and use force if necessary to do so. Too much can go wrong in the time it takes the police to respond, even if the department has the best response time in the world.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I really like his statement...

"Handguns are notoriously inaccurate weapons, even in the hands of the most skilled person," said school safety consultant Chuck Hibbert.

I think there pretty accurate. Everytime I have been shooting handguns they always shoots in the direction it was aimed. Now the human factor may not be accurate, but thats not the handguns fault.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I really like his statement...

"Handguns are notoriously inaccurate weapons, even in the hands of the most skilled person," said school safety consultant Chuck Hibbert.

I think there pretty accurate. Everytime I have been shooting handguns they always shoots in the direction it was aimed. Now the human factor may not be accurate, but thats not the handguns fault.

There is a little truth to that especially under duress... and when compared to a more stable shoulder fired AR.

That said, I don't want to "arm" teachers. I want those who are already armed to do what they always do and not risk becoming felons by walking into a magical gun free zone. Allowing teachers or other adults to carry who are already legal under our current laws would be a step in the right direction

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Oh hell no. My wife did not become a teacher to become a security guard. Nor did she want to be a baby sitter, nurse, scapegoat, etc.

Nmathew24

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oh hell no. My wife did not become a teacher to become a security guard. Nor did she want to be a baby sitter, nurse, scapegoat, etc.

She might want to re-think her career, considering education sucks in school systems now days, and teachers are becoming more of what you spoke of above.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon

Well.... If its a volunteer program, like with the FFDO program, then she has a choice doesn't she? I don't think Sen Tomes is saying that teachers will be forced to carry, only that he would be in favor of allowing them to carry.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    No one is making her carry! It's a decision for her to make. What is your problem with your wife being able to protect herself?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to donate $5 or $10 to this guy?

If he got flooded with a few thousand dollars after coming out with this it would sure as heck send a message to the rest of the legislature to not even consider swinging the other way.

Regards,

Doug

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Best comment. I actually told this to a guy that works in my building when we got on the subject.

..So I am supposed to send my child to these teachers all day and let them teach my child about science, math, sex and almost all other subjects..but yet I am to be scared of them legally carrying to protect my child from harm...now that is a scary thought...

If they feel that the staff is too irresponsible to carry the heavy responsibility of carrying a firearm and and protecting their students, how could the staff be trusted to be responsible for essentially caring for them for more waking hours than their parents do?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

As others have said - if she doesn't want to carry - DON'T.

Research on active shooter situations shows that RESISTANCE is the only option to prevent these massacres. They have been stopped many times by people (armed or not) wrestling the gun away, pointing a gun at the shooter, or actually shooting them dead. Those times are not so much in the news - simply because they did not end in a massacre. The Columbines, Newtowns, Virginia Techs, etc were where someone either failed to RESIST or did not have the firepower on hand when it was needed. (i.e. first rule of a gunfight = bring a damn gun!)

So the question is really this: WHEN the next time happens (not if) - her opponent WILL be armed with something (gun, knife, baseball bat) exactly how much of an advantage or handicap would you like her to have?

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Not surprising. My wife, a first grade teacher, told me the majority of teachers at her school would not mind a full time officer inside the school or allowing teachers to carry. She even turned on some teachers on to a system like the Armed Flight Deck Officer system that airline pilots are able to take advantage of.

The ISTA against safeguarding our schools? Check...

+1 for Jim Tomes

Who's lining up against it? The ISTA... predictably. "We don't think that the proliferation of guns in the classroom is in the best interest of students". What about those that we killed due to the stupid policies???
    All of you who listened to the ISTA and voted for their candidate (Glenda Ritz) just because you hated the other guy, are you still sure that it was a good idea?

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Yay! The only thing that will stop a crazy, deranged, depraved person from killing innocents is the the threat of death, or death.

Top Bottom