• ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nothing showing up at the link.

But, if it's about our bill here in Indiana then it's a dupe. I, for one, don't really care what the thin blue whine has to say on the matter.

Edit: Copied and pasted it into another browser and it worked. Still don't care what they say.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    From Senator Jim Tomes

Wednesday March 7th at 3 PM Indy time SB 1 the Barnes decision bill on unlawful entry will be heard in Conference committee in the senate chamber. This will be open to the public for testimony. If anyone, in particular those in the Indianapolis area, wants to attend and speak this will be your chance :yesway:

I'm sure there will be those who will speak against homeowners defending their homes against invasions :noway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This a bunch of "there'll be blood in the streets!" hyperbole. I'm all for police officer safety. That's a dangerous job and they have my respect. But this law does not create an open season on cops. Should you decide you must resist an arrest and you injure or, God forbid, kill one--you'd better be able to articulate to a jury your reasons. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong and I'm surely looking at this differently than the author, but this allows a person the legal leeway to defend him/herself from egregious wrong doing by a LEO.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Note to the officer in the article.

This is Indiana, not Illinois.

Regardless, you can go pound sand.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    That's a dangerous job and they have my respect.

Not nearly as deadly as fishermen, farmers, roofers, or even garbagemen for that matter.

Only those who recognize they are public servents, work for the citizen and are not above the law are worthy of respect.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yeah, the cop blogs and forums are all wee-weeing down their legs. They can't seem to handle the fact that finally a community has said "no" to them.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Absolute idiocy! But then again, what more can we expect from any big wig in Chicago. I just hope everyone in Indiana turns a deaf ear, but I suspect there are plenty of like minded turds in this state, too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Note to the officer in the article.

This is Indiana, not Illinois.

Regardless, you can go pound sand.

He's got to hold that line...can't let that camel get its nose under the Indiana tent, because he may not stop at the state line.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Yeah, the cop blogs and forums are all wee-weeing down their legs. They can't seem to handle the fact that finally a community has said "no" to them.
    ive been seeing that too. and most of them are making comments that the cops are always right and nobody should ever resist. which is exactly why we need this law. the majority of them keep saying take them to court. its hard to sue somebody when your dead because andy and barney decided to shoot first and realize they was at the wrong house later.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think he got the title wrong on his opinion piece. It should read:

State Senator would uphold the law that citizens can defend their homes against illegal entry - even against criminals masquerading as cops.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009

State Senator would uphold the law that citizens can defend their homes against illegal entry - even against criminals masquerading as cops.
    masquerading cops with or without badges? or both?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Or "Chicago Police to Citizens: Quit your whining. You can always sue me if I decide to be a **** or am incompetent."

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    if you commit a crime then you should go to court and be sentenced. but which gang your in should not determine your sentence.

Thought so.

I do my best to not discriminate.

I do my best to ensure that any intruder into my home has an equal chance at the consequence accompanying their choice.

Top Bottom