• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So today I take my IL state taxes to the post office to file them. I"m getting a whopping $1 back from there. :rolleyes: Guess how much postage was. $1.12 :xmad:

Just can't win hu. :facepalm:

Ps.
    E-filed my fed ones for free with the turbo tax software. By they wanted $20 per state ones. *** da! Since I have to file IN and IL.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Count your blessings. I have to pay the state right around $10,000.00 and around $11,000.00 federal on top of the $38,000.00 I already payed after my retirement withdraw last year.:( Thats not counting the taxes I already payed from my pay checks last year. So it could be worse.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I was an over the road lease operator truck driver last year for a certain terrible Utah based refrigerated carrier. Now that was a headache. I was probably supposed to pay more than Fed and IN state, but I didn't. Meh

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I have been sitting in front of this stupid computer since 11:30 this morning trying to do my taxes. TurboTax is giving me fits on my IL form. HRBlock is just sucking (not playing nice with Chrome on Win7) I've been doing my own taxes since I started working, and I've always worked in Chicago, lived in Indiana. I have NEVER had this much trouble. I'm about ready to toss my monitor out the window, just to make myself feel a little better.

:xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have been sitting in front of this stupid computer since 11:30 this morning trying to do my taxes. TurboTax is giving me fits on my IL form. HRBlock is just sucking (not playing nice with Chrome on Win7) I've been doing my own taxes since I started working, and I've always worked in Chicago, lived in Indiana. I have NEVER had this much trouble. I'm about ready to toss my monitor out the window, just to make myself feel a little better.

:xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Is TurboTax giving you an issue with wanting a certain lin on the NR form filled out with a number and tells you that if it is "zero" then put "0" on the form and then a little while later when it checks it is says that the line should be "blank" if you have a zero in it and then when you rerun the checker it has the error again of wanting a number in the line. :rolleyes:

It's a programming error in TT right now with the IL form. I just forced the 0.00 & told TT to STFU and printed them as they were. I go over the paper copies anyways before I send them.

About this time, I'm reminded why I pay someone else to have the headaches. :D

:nono:
    I'm a cheap butt cause I know I can do them "meself" :D

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Count your blessings. I have to pay the state right around $10,000.00 and around $11,000.00 federal on top of the $38,000.00 I already payed after my retirement withdraw last year.:( Thats not counting the taxes I already payed from my pay checks last year. So it could be worse.

Sounds like you're doing OK. I wish I had to pay that much in taxes.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I love getting free returns done. Wife has to file IL as well. Lots of deductions this year, so I am not dealing with it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My taxes are simple...I pay very little mortgage interest, less than $1200 in property taxes, have no dependent children, small amount of dividend income, almost zero interest income, and one employer so only one W-2. Took me 15 minutes to do mine and calculate my slight refund. Looks like Indiana gave me a couple hundred bucks this year for some kind of tax credit distribution....beats me but I'll take it.

Next year will be easier as more and more Obamatheft kicks in.

1. How much did you make? _______________
    2. Send it in.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My taxes are simple...I pay very little mortgage interest, less than $1200 in property taxes, have no dependent children, small amount of dividend income, almost zero interest income, and one employer so only one W-2. Took me 15 minutes to do mine and calculate my slight refund. Looks like Indiana gave me a couple hundred bucks this year for some kind of tax credit distribution....beats me but I'll take it.

Next year will be easier as more and more Obamatheft kicks in.

1. How much did you make? _______________
    2. Send it in.

:ROFL:!!!!

BTE the " tax credit distribution" is because the state of IN has a surplus so IN residents who

- filed in 2011 ON TIME
    - and owed/paid taxes in 2011
    - and will file in 2012 ON TIME

are given a credit of $111 per person; $222 for married couples IIRC.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :nono:
    I'm a cheap butt cause I know I can do them "meself" :D

I venture to say our taxes are more complicated than 95% of the people here. Income alone compromises 3 different sources, all 3 being classified differently by the IRS and subject to its own rules. That doesn't include the deductions, depreciation, investments, and about 20 schedules. No way Turbo Tax or the equivalent would get it all.

I pay handsomely for it, but I also benefit handsomely. My return would be comparable if I did it myself. I want as much of my money back as possible.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    :ROFL:!!!!

BTE the " tax credit distribution" is because the state of IN has a surplus so IN residents who

- filed in 2011 ON TIME
    - and owed/paid taxes in 2011
    - and will file in 2012 ON TIME

are given a credit of $111 per person; $222 for married couples IIRC.

That is correct. I am glad I got married this year!

Top Bottom