States honoring Indiana License to carry..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhatTheHill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Columbus, IN
    Hey everyone! I will be taking a trip to florida soon. While researching all the states we will be driving through to get there, I found that all States honor Indiana’s license. However, for Florida it says “residential permits only”. Can someone help me out with understanding that better? Thank you!!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Florida will honor your Indiana permit, also for example Florida will also honor a Utah permit. So, if you are an Indiana resident with an Indiana permit you are good to go in Florida. However if you are an Indiana resident with only a Utah non-resident permit Florida will not honor your non-resident permit. Hope the example makes it clear. Things to remember, each state will have it's own rules you must be aware of and you must follow the laws of the state you are in. Some states forbid carrying in places that serve alchol, in some states a "no guns" sign does carry the weight of law. Another you must be aware of is some states require you to inform a LEO you are carrying without being asked. So read up on the states you will be in on Handgunlaw.us this is the site I always use. Jim.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    As others have said if you're a IN resident with a IN LTCH it's good in FL with the caveat you must be 21 yr. old. If 18-20 they do not honor any other states licenses.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Can't enter a bar in Kentucky, signs have force of law in Tennessee, Alabama is just crazy, no bar entry and CC only in Florida. One of them is must inform, start reading a week in advance, maybe make a crib sheet.

Top Bottom