• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Here is a map if you guys want it. You can edit it with Microsoft paint. I would not change the size of it as when I do it loses quality. If you let me know I will update it for you if/when there is a change.

INGunOwers_zps8bf9ebf8.png

thanks this is what I was looking for to lamenate and put in my wallet!!!!

:ingo:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thank you for the information. Now I know I could use my FL CCW in Indiana.

You can, as long as you are not an Indiana resident.
    IC 35-47-2-21
    Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other states
    Sec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.
    (Emphasis mine.)

Note as well that "...according to the terms thereof..." has not, to my knowledge, been tested in court, however it is generally interpreted to mean that if your permit is (as Florida is) a "CCW" (carry concealed weapon) or in their case, a CWOFL (concealed weapon or firearm license), you must conceal while visiting in Indiana. There is some debate on this point, but as is usually true, no one wants to be the test case. It's not as much an issue with Florida, since you cannot open-carry there, but this is held by some to be true even of, say, a Kentucky CDWL(concealed deadly weapons license), which is not required at all to open carry there.

Be careful and if you have further questions beyond the scope of this board, please contact a competent attorney licensed to practice in Indiana to discuss any details specific to your situation.

IANAL, TINLA

Blessings,
    Bill

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Here is a map if you guys want it. You can edit it with Microsoft paint. I would not change the size of it as when I do it loses quality. If you let me know I will update it for you if/when there is a change.

INGunOwers_zps8bf9ebf8.png

Can someone explain what Indiana Res License only means? You know for all the new guys, obviously not for me! ;)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Can someone explain what Indiana Res License only means? You know for all the new guys, obviously not for me! ;)

Indiana issue 2 types of LTCH. One for those this reside within Indiana, and the other for those that don't reside within the state.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You can, as long as you are not an Indiana resident.

(Emphasis mine.)

Note as well that "...according to the terms thereof..." has not, to my knowledge, been tested in court, however it is generally interpreted to mean that if your permit is (as Florida is) a "CCW" (carry concealed weapon) or in their case, a CWOFL (concealed weapon or firearm license), you must conceal while visiting in Indiana. There is some debate on this point, but as is usually true, no one wants to be the test case. It's not as much an issue with Florida, since you cannot open-carry there, but this is held by some to be true even of, say, a Kentucky CDWL(concealed deadly weapons license), which is not required at all to open carry there.

Be careful and if you have further questions beyond the scope of this board, please contact a competent attorney licensed to practice in Indiana to discuss any details specific to your situation.

IANAL, TINLA

Blessings,
    Bill

In theory a Kentucky resident can open carry here without any form of license, as with other states that have Constitutional Carry, laws stating OC or CC is legal without licensure, etc. Interesting... although I can imagine the word license in IC could really screw someone over. Would love to see it tested...by someone else.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Slightly off topic, but the all the following jurisdictions, issue non resident LTC/CCW/Gun permit/etc.

If you wish to maximize your ability to carry in more states, this would be the way to do so. However, not all jurisdictions are 'Shall Issue'.

• Arizona
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut, permissive may issue
    • Florida
    • Idaho
    • Indiana, subject to conditions
    • Iowa
    • Kentucky
    • Maine
    • Maryland, restrictive may issue
    • Massachusetts, may issue
    • Minnesota
    • Nevada
    • New Jersey, restrictive may issue
    • New Hampshire
    • New York, may issue and subject to conditions
    • New York City, restrictive may issue
    • North Dakota
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island, restrictive may issue
    • South Carolina, but land ownership within the state is required
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Virginia
    • Washington

Last edited:

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    My step son said his friend lives in KY and has a KY carry permit and came to IN and the State Police took the gun away from him and never gave it back.

GP51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Northeast Indy
    Nice job summarizing where we can carry. Like many of us that get used to our daily carry, and then have to check, when we head out of town, this is a handy review. i.e. Driving to a wedding in Wisconsin in a few weeks, (beside the "Black State" next door) answers; can I carry while up there that weekend? This is a fine quick reference, thank you for putting it together.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    why is it that indiana honors all but Vermont, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands gun permits, and yet were not honord in the same?

Top Bottom