• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    There is no three licenses that will give you all 50 states. If I remember correctly, Michigan has the biggest bang for your buck. Indiana, Utah and Arizona gives me a lot of coverage.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am pretty sure there has never been any three liscenses that would give you all 50 states. Illinois still does not recripocate with any state and HI has issued enough permits you can count them on your fingers. Add in the fact several states including Colorado and Florida do not recognize non-resident permits from other states. Jim.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am pretty sure there has never been any three liscenses that would give you all 50 states. Illinois still does not recripocate with any state and HI has issued enough permits you can count them on your fingers. Add in the fact several states including Colorado and Florida do not recognize non-resident permits from other states. Jim.
    You are correct. California recognizes none. Similarly New York, Rhode Island, Oregon, Massachusetts, Illinois, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, and Hawaii, and our nation's capital (despite not being a state, I think this is the biggest travesty.) Most of those that recognize no others would eliminate their own if they could, I think.

druckernut

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2021
    South Indianapolis
    I believe this is the most up-to-date information available, and it's run by the State of Indiana.

WHICH STATES HONOR MY INDIANA HANDGUN LICENSE? Click here

On this page there is also a link that leads to a site with a lot of good information about HAND GUN LAWS (click here) and ISP FIREARMS LICENSING (click here). Additionally, scroll down you'll see a lot of good links on the left side (the Use of Force link really caught my attention, and it's a very good read).

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    What am I not seeing here....? CO and FL recognize IN permits.

Jr1010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Lake county
    There is no three licenses that will give you all 50 states. If I remember correctly, Michigan has the biggest bang for your buck. Indiana, Utah and Arizona gives me a lot of coverage.
    Did you have to submit class/cert for AZ? I'm looking at getting it soon.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    You are correct. California recognizes none. Similarly New York, Rhode Island, Oregon, Massachusetts, Illinois, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, and Hawaii, and our nation's capital (despite not being a state, I think this is the biggest travesty.) Most of those that recognize no others would eliminate their own if they could, I think.
    Illinois "kind of" recognises all other state's ltch. You can legally carry while in your vehicle on your person, locked & loaded if you have a valid LTCH. Once you leave your vehicle thats a no-go. Other anti-2a states may be similar, not sure, but I have reseached the Illinois code & it allows for it. (I live 5 miles from border & have family still there)
    Something to consider if your doing a lot of driving over the border, you don't have to pull over & "lock up", which would be ridiculous & is the whole point of this exception. Many people in NWI commute to Chicago daily & are unaware of this.

430 ILCS 66/40
    (e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
    (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a​
    firearm under federal law;​
    (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under​
    the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and​
    (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
    If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.​

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Illinois "kind of" recognises all other state's ltch. You can legally carry while in your vehicle on your person, locked & loaded if you have a valid LTCH. Once you leave your vehicle thats a no-go. Other anti-2a states may be similar, not sure, but I have reseached the Illinois code & it allows for it. (I live 5 miles from border & have family still there)
    Something to consider if your doing a lot of driving over the border, you don't have to pull over & "lock up", which would be ridiculous & is the whole point of this exception. Many people in NWI commute to Chicago daily & are unaware of this.

430 ILCS 66/40
    (e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
    (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a​
    firearm under federal law;​
    (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under​
    the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and​
    (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
    If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.​
    Now THAT's welcome info. I have relatives in Chicago

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    That last sentence I think is totally correct. As a former resident of Illinois I see that as what the state would love to do. The one thing that saves those poor ******** that still live there is how the CC law came about. The only reason that state has CC is it was ordered by the Federal Court of Appeals. The court ruled that the state could not totally ban the carry of firearms outside the home. If not for that I am sure the state would be working on that. Jim.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    As of April 5th 2008....

Honors Indiana Permit:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming

Indiana Permit Not Honored:
    California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, District of Columbia

Indiana Resident Permits Only:
    Colorado, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire

source- Handgunlaw.us
    I did not realize that Ohio was on the not honored list, I greatly appreciate the information as I live only 15 minutes away from the Ohio border

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I did not realize that Ohio was on the not honored list, I greatly appreciate the information as I live only 15 minutes away from the Ohio border
    The post you quoted is from 2008, there have been quite a few changes since then. OH now honors the IN LTCH along with all others. They are also going to "constitutional carry" on June 13th 2022.

Here is a website that is good for a quick check.
    I thought indiana honored everyone’s permit/license.
    We do, Ohio does as well now.

Top Bottom