• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Does this mean my Michigan concealed pistol license is good for me to carry concealed when I drive through Indiana next weekend? Just want to make sure I understand this right, I would hate to holster my gun drive 200miles then get arrested for it.

As long as you are not a resident of Indiana, your MI CPL should be fine here. To where are you driving? :)

Oh, and :welcome: to :ingo:! :wavey:

Blessings,
    Bill

rdbstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Do I understand this right. As long as I stay in my car when dropping my child off at school I am not braking the law. I have a permit. Thanks

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Do I understand this right. As long as I stay in my car when dropping my child off at school I am not braking the law. I have a permit. Thanks

yup, good to go :yesway:

Doesn't have to be your child. As long as you are transporting someone else to or from the school property or other property being used by a school for a school function AND you don't exit the car (specifically the driver seat), you are within the law. If you have to park and exit the car, you need to be off of school property before you do, and secure your firearm such that it doesn't come onto school property with you (probably by locking it in the car, though how you do it is your business.)

I know it's confusing, not to mention both idiotic and pointless; it's not like you are a peaceable non-threat behind the wheel and suddenly a murderous lunatic bent on mass homicide by opening the door and exiting the vehicle.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

cscheurich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Attica In
    thank you posting which states will and will not accept Indiana's permit but the Louisiana only allows Indiana ccw permit holders to have it there car not on there person i was there not to long ago and had a run in with law enforcement there about the issue and the officer told me as long as it was in my vehicle and in plane view while driving it was legal

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    thank you posting which states will and will not accept Indiana's permit but the Louisiana only allows Indiana ccw permit holders to have it there car not on there person i was there not to long ago and had a run in with law enforcement there about the issue and the officer told me as long as it was in my vehicle and in plane view while driving it was legal

Clarify, please? Are you saying that the LEO told you you could not exit the car and carry in LA, or just that you could not have it holstered while driving?

(Do note as well that some LEOs, whether erroneously or intentionally, sometimes misstate what the law forbids or recognizes as lawful. With you not living there and knowing the law, you would have been a prime target for this, not that you'd want to push the issue while far from home.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    He lied to you.... ;):popcorn:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    yes a leo told me i could not leave my car with and that when i was driving it had to be sitting in the passengers seat

As Jeremy said, that LEO told you something that was not true. I won't say he lied; I'll only say that at least one of you was misinformed: you. He might have been also.

Blessings,
    Bill

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    1b7dd8d5.jpg

mpmike25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    The iPhone has a great app, its called CCW. All you have to do is click what state you have a permit in and it will show all the states. I suggest getting a Utah permit as well if you plan on carrying into OH since they don't recognize IN. I personally have AZ, UT, and IN and im legal in 38 states. AZ is cheaper than florida and you also get 3 more states than florida.

Bruizer13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    The iPhone has a great app, its called CCW. All you have to do is click what state you have a permit in and it will show all the states. I suggest getting a Utah permit as well if you plan on carrying into OH since they don't recognize IN. I personally have AZ, UT, and IN and im legal in 38 states. AZ is cheaper than florida and you also get 3 more states than florida.

ahh! That is why everyone is rushing out for the Utah permit. Is it lifetime as well? 4yr?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    As Jeremy said, that LEO told you something that was not true. I won't say he lied; I'll only say that at least one of you was misinformed: you. He might have been also.

Blessings,
    Bill

Just wanted to compliment you on your avatar, Bill. You even got Barry's callsign!

In my heart, I still know that he was right! :patriot:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Carry

I'm headed to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area this weekend for vacation. I think I've done my homework on carrying down there, but I just wanted to make sure I'm clear. So I'm good to carry either CC or OC with IN LTCH right? (plan on CC except for when we go hiking) Places that have signs that are posted "no firearms" are a No Go, since signs there carry weight of the law right? No carry in places that serve alcohol such as bars/clubs? Anything else I need to know or that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!:ingo:

thedudeabides

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    For those in the iPhone realm

I found a good App titled "Legal Heat". It seems to be consistent with other online resources in regards to reciprocity of permits. It sure was a help when traveling.

Top Bottom