• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Yeah, good luck with that. There's no such thing as States' Rights anymore, either.

This lining in the cloud of this issue and the medical marijuana issue is that when the feds continue to shove their stolen power down our throats, they may very well create a backlash and a rediscovery of the 9th and 10th amendments. It seems possible to me that the current Supreme Court might just hear a case based on these amendments that could change things for the very good.

History may judge Justice Kennedy to be the most influential man in this century for U.S. rights.

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I've always thought that it is
    Federal Law>State Law

Are there any cases where state law trump federal law?

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    That whole pesky 10th Amendment.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

So basically the States can do whatever until there is a federal law against it?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

So basically the States can do whatever until there is a federal law against it?

Wrong.

The Federal government is ONLY allowed the powers specifically granted to them in the Constitution, while the states and the people have ANY power not specifically granted to the Feds, or specifically prohibited to the states and the people.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This lining in the cloud of this issue and the medical marijuana issue is that when the feds continue to shove their stolen power down our throats, they may very well create a backlash and a rediscovery of the 9th and 10th amendments. It seems possible to me that the current Supreme Court might just hear a case based on these amendments that could change things for the very good.

History may judge Justice Kennedy to be the most influential man in this century for U.S. rights.

The only problem with this is the states are total crack (money from the fed) addicts and the Fed is the dealer. Any time that the states start to rise up against the out of control fed, the fed threatens to cut off their money supply. Until the states realize the crack (money from the fed) is really theirs to begin with and quit giving it to the feds to redistribute to them, nothing will change.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Scutter01 said:
    Yeah, good luck with that. There's no such thing as States' Rights anymore, either.

But...but...but...Obama said we'd have that option!

ron said:
    Federal Law>State Law

I really, HIGHLY suggest you read Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin.

Let me know, and I'll give you my copy. I'm serious.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Federal Law>State Law

I believe this is the result of a public school education, topped with constant media propaganda. We've been taught to think this; regardless of the fact that it is not true.

Top Bottom