• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    I'm sure someone else has asked this but I was unable to find it. I applied for my lifetime carry permit in early nov and was wondering if there is a way to check on the status of my application.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    (317)233-5054

When you get the machine after it rings 23 times, hit 0.

There is a sticky that has current wait times for people on their licenses. I haven't tried it yet just bc I only got finger printed a week and a half ago. May try it though. Other people said they got an answer and actually talked to someone, worth a shot.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    As Hdfb03 stated, call up that number and asked them. I would guess you probably have a couple more weeks.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's been taking a bit longer than 'normal' due to the increase in applications as of late from what I understand.

I still dont get this though, I mean obviously they are going to be busy. What I dont understand is how do we have more people getting drivers licenses/drivers permits/license plates and such, and you get those in like a week, but they cant get these taken care of in a month?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I still dont get this though, I mean obviously they are going to be busy. What I dont understand is how do we have more people getting drivers licenses/drivers permits/license plates and such, and you get those in like a week, but they cant get these taken care of in a month?

They need to verify background on every applicant. This takes additional time.

With driver's license, plates and such, there's a person at a counter that collects all the paperwork and hits the 'ok' button.

Seems backwards, I know.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    They need to verify background on every applicant. This takes additional time.

With driver's license, plates and such, there's a person at a counter that collects all the paperwork and hits the 'ok' button.

Seems backwards, I know.

Yea I mean it makes sense, but They already have my money and I just have to sit and twiddle my thumbs ya know?

I guess I should just settle in for the long haul and realize that it probably wont be the 3-4 weeks that they told me at the police station.

Top Bottom