• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are addictive. Apparently A buddy of mine wanted one of my guns. I had no idea how diabolical and underhanded he was.

He had the nerve to tell me that I needed to try a 45 because they shoot so much nicer than my 40s. So he handed me his Kimber Stainless II and a couple hundred rounds and said "try it out".

Next thing I know I am handing over the gun he wanted in trade.

Stay away from the 1911s kids. They are like meth. One hit and you are addicted.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    My wife spent a day at the range, trying all sorts and sizes of various pistols; she loved my friend's Kimber 1911 .45. Liked it more than the M&P 9mm and much more than the G23.

Fortunately, there is no way we will afford a Kimber. I don't need those reproducing.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    LOL, it is because I am typing with a droid RAZR HD. The period is next to the enter button and the space button. When I hit space I sometimes hit.the period.

I was just messing with you, cause you posted a 1911 thread in the break room. I was saying, soooo since you can't create gun thread in the break room you must be talking in code, and you don't really mean 1911.

Yes I am.in the mobile version, too lazy to go full site advanced and use purple.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was messing with you. Hence my purple reference. I have similar typo issues when I try to use my ipad here.

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum too... I had two windows open and apparently hit post in the wrong one... gonna get it moved.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    On a slightly related issue, I often hit the "n" on the iPad when I'm trying to hit the space bar. When I look down at the screen I see something like this:

Heynlookntherenisnanhugenlongntyponofnanwordnthatnspellchecknhasnnonideanwhatntondonwith.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well then, did the devil just buy an air conditioner???????????? Never thought I'd see the day. And all this time I thought you were a Glock guy!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    They are addictive. Apparently A buddy of mine wanted one of my guns. I had no idea how diabolical and underhanded he was.

He had the nerve to tell me that I needed to try a 45 because they shoot so much nicer than my 40s. So he handed me his Kimber Stainless II and a couple hundred rounds and said "try it out".

Next thing I know I am handing over the gun he wanted in trade.

Stay away from the 1911s kids. They are like meth. One hit and you are addicted.
    Funny you brought this up, when I would go to any gun shop I would spends hours checking out all the guns. Now I just spend 45 mins. Checking out all the 1911's. and yes once you hold one, then actually shoot one, game over!!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    1911s are the best.
    IMG00574.jpg

I love the heft and feel the pistol has

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    1911's are nice and some can be pricey, however, I suggest that if you value your wallet and you childrens college fund, DO NOT handle a 2011.

Edge_002.JPG

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    This is my "Wilber", a cross between a Kimber that I damaged and had rebuilt (care of AllenM) with Wilson Combat parts. The slide, frame, barrel, trigger, and sights are original. The internals, hammer group, thumb and grip safeties, slide and mag releases, springs, and mainspring housing are all Wilson Combat.

DSC04682_zps96687628.jpg

DSC04717_zpsef917c96.jpg

DSC04720_zps9dbdbf9a.jpg

DSC04733_zps82dbd8e9.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On a slightly related issue, I often hit the "n" on the iPad when I'm trying to hit the space bar. When I look down at the screen I see something like this:

Heynlookntherenisnanhugenlongntyponofnanwordnthatnspellchecknhasnnonideanwhatntondonwith.

So that is just a mistake and not you trying to communicate with the tin foil crowd....(or screwing with them)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well then, did the devil just buy an air conditioner???????????? Never thought I'd see the day. And all this time I thought you were a Glock guy!

Oh, I still am. Not sure Im going to carry this one. Too purty to scratch up. I'll still EDC my Glocks. They are already ugly, so a few scrapes wont hurt them. :):

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    This is my "Wilber", a cross between a Kimber that I damaged and had rebuilt (care of AllenM) with Wilson Combat parts. The slide, frame, barrel, trigger, and sights are original. The internals, hammer group, thumb and grip safeties, slide and mag releases, springs, and mainspring housing are all Wilson Combat.

LOL, Props on your Wilber! I have a "Wingfield" 1911 that I love dearly. :thumbsup:

And for the record, cameramonkey - I too, prefer to stick with polymer tacticool tupperware as my normal EDC...
    But I know without hesitation, my 1911 is far more accurate and far more fun to shoot. I seem to carry it when I'm in a modern-day-cowboy kind of mood. :):

Top Bottom