• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    There is a huge fire on the Paoli town square today. It started around 725 and as of 1045 was still out of control. I just got home from there at 1330 and there were still fire departments repsonding from all over the region. The town water pressure is about zero. We were in the walmart and the power went out. I am unsure if the rest of the town has power but it looked dark. The town was/is full of smoke and there are people walking around with dust masks on like after 9/11. The high winds are not helping and traffic is being diverted down Longest street and hospital drive from 37/56/150. At least it is raining now. From what I understand there are quite a few spectators getting in the way.

Downtown Fire in Indiana | Firegeezer

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    This is very sad. Paoli is a beautiful little town, we always enjoy going through there on our way to West Baden. Loosing a piece of hoosier history to a fire is truly tragic.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    It isn't uncommon for fire to spread to contiguous older buildings. I hope the firefighters avoided injury. That dump tank operation looked good, since the town's water pressure was reported near zero. Mutual aid at its' best!

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Just found out that my wife's cousin had an apartment in the building and lost everything including his car. Traffic control sounded like a nightmare on the scanner. A semi snagged some electrical lines and somebody else ran over several hoses causing some damage.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    This is very sad. Paoli is a beautiful little town, we always enjoy going through there on our way to West Baden. Loosing a piece of hoosier history to a fire is truly tragic.

You should try the Orangeville shortcut sometime. Not only do you save time by bypassing Paoli you get to see some great scenery.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You should try the Orangeville shortcut sometime. Not only do you save time by bypassing Paoli you get to see some great scenery.

By heading west on 60 off 37 out of mitchell? then cutting south to 150? We go that way pretty regularly when visiting the family cemetery(Liberty) near Orangeviile en route to West Baden... If so, then you're right it is beautiful, plus checking out Lost River is pretty interesting if you've never seen it before.
    I hate to see this happen to Paoli. It is a neat little town.

Top Bottom