• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'll do the same thing. Sometimes I'll use Montreal steak seasoning, but usually just coarse salt, cracked peppercorns on each side and a light dust of garlic powder on one side. Let it sit until it hits room temp and throw it on a hot grill.

Not knocking how anyone cooks their steak, but the indirect heat thing isn't for us when it comes to steaks. Brisket is the cut of beef that gets indirect heat at our house.

I've honestly never heard of any professional chef using indirect heat on a steak. Chicken, pork butt, brisket, etc. indirect heat all day long.

To each his own though...If it works for them, keep at it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I've honestly never heard of any professional chef using indirect heat on a steak. Chicken, pork butt, brisket, etc. indirect heat all day long.

To each his own though...If it works for them, keep at it.
    My wife smoked a ribroast once ... it didn't suck.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    A couple of suggestions. Try pork steaks on the grill. They have a completely different flavor. Also if you are going to be at the grill for a whill, throw on a couple of frozen egg rolls. Cook them until golden brown. Takes out a lot of the greasy flavor.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I love to grill pork out, pork chops, pork steak, country style rib, spare ribs... I have to have sauce on it though.... I just love barbecue sauce...

Top Bottom