• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    So classic firearms just said the platypus was the number one pick of the top 5 pistols of the NRA convention. Wait time has already skyrocketed to 12 to 14 weeks and that was before this video. I want one bad just can't afford it without cleaning out some stuff from the safe. Lol then there is the wait time

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    So classic firearms just said the platypus was the number one pick of the top 5 pistols of the NRA convention. Wait time has already skyrocketed to 12 to 14 weeks and that was before this video. I want one bad just can't afford it without cleaning out some stuff from the safe. Lol then there is the wait time
    What are you selling?? Lol

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    Can't wait to hear some range reports, and watch some youtube reviews for these guns.
    There are now three YouTubers working on that at this time. I've watched them all so far and I can't wait for a hardcore test of the pistol. There is one on there that has around 3000 rounds thru his and has not had any issues with the firearm.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I wanted to go to the nra show and take a good look at one, but my Jeep broke down, and I was getting over a nasty cold, but I had a minion take a look at it, he called me and said he was going to order one.

I watched a video from the humble marksman and he seemed to really like the one he ordered.

I was going to ask them at the nra show if there was a timeline (or even if there would be) a frame that took Glock 19 mags, and if there were plans for a bull barrel?

But after the Jeep broke down the point is rather moot, I don’t have any extra cash to order one, plus somehow I see the price going up because of the demand, and the obligatory photo of the one I built on their website (but I’d use a darker blue) E25DFC2E-E88C-4F65-B249-94FD76D39F89.jpeg

reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    If you watch the regular gun guys q&a they said there prices are not moving. But one thing is for sure there lead times are lol there up to 14 to 16 weeks. I want one but don't want to wait lmao but kind of moot when I don't have the money to drop on one anyways.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If you watch the regular gun guys q&a they said there prices are not moving. But one thing is for sure there lead times are lol there up to 14 to 16 weeks. I want one but don't want to wait lmao but kind of moot when I don't have the money to drop on one anyways.
    14-16 weeks to get a custom pistol isn’t bad, I’m an old guy (54) and I remember way back in the day (early 90’s) and the wait on a Wilson combat 1911 was 208 weeks (yes 4 years!) two years ago my friend waited 10 months for his nighthawk pistols!

The gun shop I worked part time at was 4-6 weeks before he started working on a repair (1 person worked in the shop m-f) and I worked on Saturdays

…so honestly if it’s pushing up to 16 weeks for a custom made pistol with the quality I’m seeing and reading about especially at the price they’re building them for…you won’t do any better anywhere else!

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I should get mine around the first of June. Ordered it several weeks ago and the lead time was 8 weeks.
    Report back please. The customization tool is a great, and the website is done very nicely. I have watched the youtube reviews, and everyone seems to like them so far. I have a ton of glock 17 mags, and that would be a plus as well.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Their prices don't matter. With wait times like that, scalpers will be moving in on them.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Ok so I am strongly looking at the stealth arms platypus. Who here has one or has shot one? I've looked to see if there has been any reported issues with them and have found nothing the last I looked. There are only two people on YouTube that have any content on them. So let's hear it from the peanut gallery what do you goes think of them? Thanks
    Ive shot three from my customers and If it wasn't for the price id own one. There smooth and well made. So far ive yet to hear anything bad aside from the cost.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Ive shot three from my customers and If it wasn't for the price id own one. There smooth and well made. So far ive yet to hear anything bad aside from the cost.

I don't see any problem with the cost... beyond the fact that I can't really afford it. That's not really saying much since I'm a poor. for a custom gun built how you want it, I think the price is more than fair (as long as they run).

green46105

Gun enthusiast, gun collector, lover of firearms
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2023
    greencastle indiana
    love that gun. the look the idea of taking glock mags on a 1911 frame, im sure there are some purist on both sides flipping over in their respective graves hahahaha. but while it is a beautiful idea and a lot of novelty to me i dont think ill be investing in one soon, though if someone put one in my hands and said here try this, what could i do.....

Top Bottom